Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By bigredgonzo
  • 2 Post By paintdrinkingpete
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default BLOWS ME Away with Verizon

Very few Verizon Agent never heard of us with, say like the S4 phone/Verizion having problems with the Kitkat update .I called them up today for a billing question, then I asked if she, Verizon agent, if she ever heard of the Kitkat screwing up their phones, she said no! I said to her, you got to be kidding. She said sorry. I told here to read up in the forums of Verizon and here at Andriod central, she said she will in case she does get some one with a problem(s), blew me away that she said no.
    Are the Verizon agents told to play dumb?
    No, I'm not having any problem(s), I kept 4.3 Jellybean for now, yes, I know probably the KK will install on it's own, true or not? It downloaded like usally, then next day it asks me to install, I say no and so on, you guys know the rest how it goes. I'm going on my 2nd month of declining the update. Been also doing some FDR too, so on. I know, Root my phone, but don't want to do it.
    Been stalling for the Google update, probably till hell freezes over, or the next software update will be worse or other sccrew other stuff up, I learned from my Asus Prime tablet, still using it, "If it ain't Broken, don't fix it" which Verizion does not give us that choice.
    Oh, and using 4.3, with SD card 64GB Phone works 100%
    Last edited by rcca; 06-02-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Default Re: BLOWS ME Away with Verizon

I've worked at a call center before (was for Cox) and yes, we're given a preset option of things to do (extremely limited) and if it's not one of those options we can't do anything. We can transfer you to someone else or either try to get you to curse at us so we can hang up on you.

It's not an effective system.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,745 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcca View Post
    Very few Verizon Agent never heard of us with, say like the S4 phone/Verizion having problems with the Kitkat update .I called them up today for a billing question, then I asked if she, Verizon agent, if she ever heard of the Kitkat screwing up their phones, she said no! I said to her, you got to be kidding. She said sorry. I told here to read up in the forums of Verizon and here at Andriod central, she said she will in case she does get some one with a problem(s), blew me away that she said no.
    No, I'm not having any problem(s), I kept 4.3 Jellybean for now, yes, I know probably the KK will install on it's own, true or not? It downloaded like usally, then next day it asks me to install, I say no and so on, you guys know the rest how it goes. I'm going on my 2nd month of declining the update. Been also doing some FDR too, so on. I know, Root my phone, but don't want to do it.
    Been stalling for the Google update, probably till hell freezes over, or the next software update will be worse or other sccrew other stuff up, I learned from my Asus Prime tablet, still using it, "If it ain't Broken, don't fix it" which Verizion does not give us that choice.
    Depending on their primary role, I don't think Verizon Agent's job to scour forums on the internet to see what kind of problems a phone is having. I'd put the blame on the Samsung engineers who wrote the update and the Samsung and Verizon engineers that tested the update. In addition, people who have issues are more likely to be vocal about it. And I'd like to think if the issues are widespread, the update wouldn't have even passed Samsung's testing.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

True you are Ry, hey! maybe if Verizon or and Samsung ignores us maybe they feel we will buy their S5, or something like that, it happened to my Prime tablet, Asus pushed us to the side and they came out with 2 model after the Prime, and still using it now and still love it, only did 2 updates on it because rest of their updates were screwing up other tablets, If ain't broken don't fix it!
    Last edited by rcca; 06-02-2014 at 07:34 PM.

ROM
    Gingerbread

I have had no issues with the updates. I don't see why people are having issues, other than software differences.

Posted via Android Central App

I have been around forums for "support" for many years and one thing is for certain. If you take your failure statistics from the number of posts about issues with an update, it would appear as thought the update caused 95% of the phones to have issues. The problem is that most of the time someone doesn't jump on to say the update worked well and all is lovely. I, for one, have had zero issues with the update. That is in no way meant to say that your issue is your fault, but it does say that the update did not screw up all the phones. I did do an FDR after the update because I wanted too. Every now and again I will FDR just to "clean out the cob webs." With this particular update, it is quite obvious for those that lurk around in these forums that the "Oh crap, it screwed my phone up" chatter is fairly small. An FDR seems to fix most of the issues. IMHO, it isn't the optimum solution, but who hasn't gotten an OS update and ended up formatting the hard drive and doing a clean install because the stuff that was already there just didn't swallow the update quite as well as it should. Anyway, just because you hear of some issues with an update doesn't necessarily mean that the update was particularly bad. Verizon,on the other hand, should be working hand over fist to get the ones that didn't go so well working as soon as possible.

BigRedGonzo
    tvouge and spotnjack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rcca View Post
    Oh, and using 4.3, with SD card 64GB Phone works 100%
    It's not unbelievable at all. It's like I always say, people who are "technical experts" on subjects usually aren't the ones taking jobs to answer phone calls from people with problems.

The Verizon CS rep answering your call doesn't care about reading the forums, and chances are it doesn't even matter because they're required to diagnose issues based on scripts and flow charts (i.e. they're not allowed to suggest other solutions). If you call with an issue from a software update, they'll probably have you do a factory reset, and if that doesn't work you'll be asked to send the phone back or have the call escalated to the next higher level of support...

If you already know that's gonna happen, then you can just skip that and try to find the answer yourself online.

They get tons of calls about a vast variety of phones everyday, they're probably not going to pay too much attention to a single issue for a single phone.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and johnriii like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

You are all corrected what you say, I meant 2 friends of mine, they both have S4 got them Nov.2013, they did not know what OS they have, I showed them, yep! they have the Kitkat, and had no problems, even the Samsung guy at Best Buy, he said it forced it self on his phone, with one minor problem which he said he could live with it.
    Me, still have 4.3 scared to death that if and when it installs that something may go wrong that know one ever had. It always happens to me on most devices or stuff the wife and I buy no matter how much we spend for the better product, sales people say, never had this problem, your the 1st they say to us, but oh well, I'll bit the bullet either way with KK in or not. So far I'm on Install latter of the software update of KK deffering it since May 6th, Yahoo! Hey, thanks guys for your input, learn a lot on our site here. Have a great week, and week end to come.