Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notifications on Icons are Gone after Factory Reset -- Any Ideas Why???

Hi all -- so I did a factory reset the other day on my Galaxy S4 (my battery life REALLY stinks), so I thought I'd wipe it clean and start over with only the apps I totally needed.

Anyhoooo -- everything updated and I'm at 4.4.2. All's well in the world. HowEVER, the little red "numbered" notifications on each individual app no longer shows up. Make any sense? I only see it at the top notification bar.

Like, say, Twitter/Pinterest, etc. If I had a notification, I'd see a little red number on the app icon itself on my Home screen. Now I see nothing when there *should* be one. On ANY of my apps.

I realize this is such a small thing, but for some reason it's quite annoying to me. I like to see the little red notifications to know that everything is "jiving" and working together. So, to me, something isn't quite right.

Now -- it's quite possible I'm missing a setting somewhere, and that's why I'm here to ask. But I just can't find it.

Surely appreciate any insight! Thanks!

Amy

Default Re: Notifications on Icons are Gone after Factory Reset -- Any Ideas Why???

maybe try to add widgets for those things, as there might be an icon provided that behaves in such a way.