Buyer beware: Horrible experience with samsung after fatal internal error on phone

Katie Heron

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
BUYER BEWARE.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the service I have received from Samsung. About 3 weeks, my galaxy s4 randomly stopped working. The screen would not turn on at all, and I had just been using it without any problems. This has happened a few times, and just waiting it out usually fixes the problem and the screen will come on, but this time it was not the case. I tried everything from removing the battery and trying to reset it, and nothing worked. After a visit to Verizon, they tried everything in their power and nothing would work. Not replacing the battery, a hard reset, ect. Nothing worked. The phone would power up, show the "Samsung Galaxy S4" screen, and then turn black and power off again. I was told that it was some type of fatal error in the phone, and I surpassed my 1 year contract by one week. (excellent timing right?). I proceeded to take the phone to a repair store that is partnered with Verizon, where I was told the same thing, that the phone was experiencing some type of internal fatal error, and there was no way to fix the phone. Later that evening I contacted Samsung directly, where he stated they would be able to correct the issue, and all I had to do was pay $166. I confirmed with him several times that it was guaranteed that they would be able to fix the issue (since I was told by two professionals that it was a fatal error and not fixable) and he stated several times that Samsung had more equipment and would definitely be able to fix it. I paid the money, sent the phone it, and waited almost 2 weeks to get it back. After receiving the phone, I read the repair receipt where it stated all they did was replace the LED screen. I was very confused by this because the LED screen DID work prior to sending the phone in. I brushed it off, went to turn on my phone, and what do you know? IT WAS NOT FIXED. The SAME PROBLEM was occurring as it was before I sent it in. I called the number immediately, and was told that I would need to be transferred to another department that would not do a call back for 24-48 hours. After complaining about all that I had been through, including paying almost $200 and waiting 2 weeks, the man agreed to help me out and expedite the call to be received in about 12 hours. I received a call about 12 hours later, in which I was told he would not be able to help me with the issue, and I would need to be transferred to another department, in which I would need to talk to them about sending my phone BACK IN for a second repair, but that the wait times could be extremely long. After complaining to him about all that I had been through, he said he was going to find someone specifically to take my call right away so that I would not have to wait in a queue line to have my call received. After being on hold for about 5 minutes, he comes back and tells me the guy that was going to take my call was dealing with another customer at the time, and that he would need to call me back after that call. It's now been nearly TWO hours, and I have yet to receive a call back. This is absolutely RIDICULOUS. The fact that the phone has never been damaged in any way, randomly stopped working a WEEK after my warranty, having to pay nearly $200 and wait almost two weeks only to get my phone back in the SAME condition it was sent there in. Oh, and add in all the endless hours I've spent on the phone with several people who just continue to transfer me, person to person, and no one can give me a solution. I'm now being told I need to send the phone BACK IN, and wait ANOTHER TWO WEEKS, for it to be "repaired", which it should have been done the first time. And who is to guarantee they will even fix it this time? If I knew it was going to turn into this, I would have taken that $166 and bought myself a used phone 2 weeks ago, and saved almost a month of time going back and forth with Samsung to get a useable phone. I have NEVER experienced any problems like this with ANY other phone company before. Extremely disappointing, Samsung.

UPDATE: After not receiving a call over 7 hours later, I finally called back. I was transferred a total of three times, and was on hold for about 45 minutes altogether. The absolute only solution they would offer me is to send my phone back in for another 7 days of repair time. I'm not happy about this at all. This makes it almost a month without my phone even though I paid at the beginning. I should have taken that money and put it toward a new iPhone, but of course now I'm out $166 and being forced to send my phone back in or lose the money all together. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will NEVER buy or recommend Samsung products again because of the TERRIBLE service they provide.

BUYER BEWARE.

Katie Heron

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. The guys at Verizon, the repair store, and myself (after receiving the unrepaired phone) have tried that, along with every other recommendation from the internet and support phone service.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. The guys at Verizon, the repair store, and myself (after receiving the unrepaired phone) have tried that, along with every other recommendation from the internet and support phone service.

Ok. The only other thing I can think of is if you can get into Download Mode. That is volume down, home and power. Will it stay on then?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a real piece of work there. Samsung should definitely be treating this situation better. That much I will say.

All OEMs and customers have their fair share of horror stories I'm sure, but the end result is how you treat the customer for the inconvenience in the long run. After all you paid for the product and its completely failed and even been " serviced " by them and still failed. SMH.

Good luck on this and feel free to update us on the outcome of this situation.

Katie Heron

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a real piece of work there. Samsung should definitely be treating this situation better. That much I will say.

All OEMs and customers have their fair share of horror stories I'm sure, but the end result is how you treat the customer for the inconvenience in the long run. After all you paid for the product and its completely failed and even been " serviced " by them and still failed. SMH.

Good luck on this and feel free to update us on the outcome of this situation.

My point exactly. And the fact that I'm having to go through all of this trouble after they have taken my money and failed to fix the product should not be the case. They should have been more efficient than when I originally called with the issue because this time it was all on them. Will update.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, horrible story. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon. If they don't, contact the state ag and bbb.

Also, this is why I have TEC, which includes extended warranty and insurance. For issues like this, they will send me a replacement phone overnight free of charge.

TEC is $8/mo,but If you just need extended warranty then it is $3/mo.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae