Voice guidance not working with Google Map

Axr6

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
It used to work perfectly on my S4. About 4 months ago voice guidance became intermittent or mostly not working. Sometimes a navigation session starts fine with voice guidance for the first few minutes or few turns then it stops. The screen guidance keeps on working, only the voice stop. Which, of course, makes navigation next to useless because it requires the driver to keep staring at the phone display for instructions. An other S4 owner at work has exactly the same issue. I have all the latest updates, Map and S4, and I tried to delete and re-install Google Maps. All the same. Since this is an important feature for me I would really appreciate some advice.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
It used to work perfectly on my S4. About 4 months ago voice guidance became intermittent or mostly not working. Sometimes a navigation session starts fine with voice guidance for the first few minutes or few turns then it stops. The screen guidance keeps on working, only the voice stop. Which, of course, makes navigation next to useless because it requires the driver to keep staring at the phone display for instructions. An other S4 owner at work has exactly the same issue. I have all the latest updates, Map and S4, and I tried to delete and re-install Google Maps. All the same. Since this is an important feature for me I would really appreciate some advice.

I use the free app Waze. Generally better than Maps, in my experience. And the turn-by-turn voice directions work! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith