Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Incessant chiming

I did a search first for "chiming" and nothing came up, so....just got the S4 a few days ago. WHAT is this incessant chiming??? It's not my Hotmail, because I don't have the notifications box checked. I've checked everything else I can think of and I think all my notifications are off. It chimes and then there is nothing in the status bar. There doesn't seem to be a pattern either....

Default Re: Incessant chiming

It could be the NFC (Near Field Communications) chip, which can cause a notification if it's near something else with NFC. You could try turning it off in the Settings>Wireless & Networks menu.

Yahoo Mail is another common culprit--do you have it installed?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Negative to both...

Try setting your default notification sound to silent and see if that helps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I ended up factory resetting it, I didn't want everything to be silent. So that worked. I still have no idea what it was though, very odd.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I had it again today, it was in the card while I had Bluetooth on, every ten minutes or so. When I turned off Bluetooth, it stopped.i don't get it.

Glad you figured it out. What Bluetooth devices do you have paired? Is there some setting that makes the phone discoverable to other devices? I wonder if a setting like that might cause a notification until you turn it off, since it could be a potential security issue (to have your phone discoverable on a constant basis).
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Actually, that wasn't it, when I got where I was going and turned it off and checked my Outlook....then it stopped. I had the thing checked to notify me of unchecked messages, but thought it was for voicemails and texts only, I didn't know it meant email too. Because I purposely unchecked my notification option in the email program! Too many options to keep track of.

Oh good. I never quite understand apps that notify you with a tone but no message ...

Posted via Android Central App