Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By laurabward
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen "Time on"

Still trying to figure this phone out. It's been on for about 4 hours, but the battery is going down down down. I have it on the power saver. When I go to Display and click on the screen, it says "time on" is 1 hr. I haven't been using it for 1 hour straight and I have the time out at 1 second. So why does it say 1 hour???

Global Posts
    7,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Default Re: screen "Time on"

Quote Originally Posted by laurabward View Post
    Still trying to figure this phone out. It's been on for about 4 hours, but the battery is going down down down. I have it on the power saver. When I go to Display and click on the screen, it says "time on" is 1 hr. I haven't been using it for 1 hour straight and I have the time out at 1 second. So why does it say 1 hour???

What settings are you going to ,to see that?
    Are you going to settings>battery, and then clicking on the screen?

If that's the setting you are going to then that's just showing the time the screen has been on since last charged up .That's not the "constant time" the screen has been on in that setting
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    What settings are you going to ,to see that?
    Are you going to settings>battery, and then clicking on the screen?

If that's the setting you are going to then that's just showing the time the screen has been on since last charged up .That's not the "constant time" the screen has been on in that setting
    No, it's settings, battery, and then clicking on Screen itself, which is the thing using the most battery (where it shows the percentages of usages by everything) and then it says Use Details and then Time on and across from that is 1:15. Which makes no sense, because the phone was sitting on the couch for the past three hours and I wasn't here and even before, I wasn't on it for an hour straight.
    screen "Time on"-screenshot_2014-07-27-16-20-17.jpg

Global Posts
    7,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

No, it's settings, battery, and then clicking on Screen itself, which is the thing using the most battery (where it shows the percentages of usages by everything) and then it says Use Details and then Time on and across from that is 1:15. Which makes no sense, because the phone was sitting on the couch for the past three hours and I wasn't here.
    Yup I should have included a screen shot .Here is the screen in which you described,and I was meaning in my post ,ha

Where it shows time on as meaning how much the screen has been on for this battery charge in hours and minutes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you go to settings,battery and click on the graph you will see this page if you look at the graphs on this page you will see how long your screen had been off or on.
    Where you see the blue graphs the screen is on where its blank the screen is off.
    If my phone screen had been on the entire 6+ hrs the graph for the screen would be one long solid blue bar,instead it has gaps between the blue
    So my phone has been off the charger for over 6 hours and the screen has used 1 hour 36 min out of that 6 hours 16 minutes.or 61% total use
    It doesnt mean the screen has been on for 1 hour 36 minutes

sent from my Moto X , Android Central Moderator
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ohhh, like cumatively (is that a word) you mean, ok, TOTAL, not as in, on for an hour straight. gotcha, thanks!!
    davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    7,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

ohhh, like cumatively (is that a word) you mean, ok, TOTAL, not as in, on for an hour straight. gotcha, thanks!!
    I updated my post since you last read to help make it clearer . But I think you got it now
    Thanked by: