- 1 Posts
S4 Previously Rooted, lost root in OTA Update - kept unlocked padlock icon?
I tried to search around this issue but didn't see anyone with quite the same problem (hopefully I didn't miss a previous answer).
So I have an S4 that I had rooted for quite some time. After rooting the device I had and using the clockwork recovery boot, I always had the "Samsung custom" message with an unlocked padlock display on boot prior to the Verizon splash. One day many months ago, I mistakenly agreed to an official over the air update which killed my root. It did not remove the custom logo on boot though.
Now, I have moved on to an M8, however I gave the S4 to my GF who is now having an issue getting her corperate mail to work on the phone because they detect it as being rooted, even though it is not. Is there a way I can fix it and does it have anything to do with that custom boot icon displaying? They did not physically see the device so something in the software is telling them it is rooted. Now the device is flagged in the system and they wont let her use it for work...talk about the earful I got when she found out
Any help is appreciated!
- 09-22-2014, 04:22 AM #2
- By Sonofaperson in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 5Last Post: 06-08-2015, 06:17 PM
- By LauraWA in forum LG G3Replies: 7Last Post: 10-01-2014, 03:47 PM
- By firefight352 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 6Last Post: 08-07-2014, 11:38 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-06-2014, 05:51 PM
- By Highrisedrifter in forum VodafoneReplies: 0Last Post: 08-06-2014, 04:54 PM