Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 Previously Rooted, lost root in OTA Update - kept unlocked padlock icon?

Hello all,

I tried to search around this issue but didn't see anyone with quite the same problem (hopefully I didn't miss a previous answer).

So I have an S4 that I had rooted for quite some time. After rooting the device I had and using the clockwork recovery boot, I always had the "Samsung custom" message with an unlocked padlock display on boot prior to the Verizon splash. One day many months ago, I mistakenly agreed to an official over the air update which killed my root. It did not remove the custom logo on boot though.

Now, I have moved on to an M8, however I gave the S4 to my GF who is now having an issue getting her corperate mail to work on the phone because they detect it as being rooted, even though it is not. Is there a way I can fix it and does it have anything to do with that custom boot icon displaying? They did not physically see the device so something in the software is telling them it is rooted. Now the device is flagged in the system and they wont let her use it for work...talk about the earful I got when she found out

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks everyone.

991 Posts

Default Re: S4 Previously Rooted, lost root in OTA Update - kept unlocked padlock icon?

Would have to do a odine wipe restore to remove the custom unlock symbol to return it back to complete stock.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2