Restoring Emails from Trash Folder

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have two email accounts on my GS4; so I have an Inbox for each email account and a Combined Inbox that allows me to see all the emails from both accounts. To restore emails from the Trash Folder, this first step is the key: make sure you first select a specific email account Inbox. You cannot move emails if you are in the Combined Inbox function. So, after selecting a specific email Inbox, then at the upper left of the display tap the little menu icon with the multiple horizontal bars, then select Show All Folders, then select Trash. In the Trash folder display find the emails you want to move and select them. A check mark should now appear at the selected emails; at the bottom border of your display there should now appear an icon that looks sort of like a folder with an arrow on it - select it. Your display should now show two folder options to move your selected email: your email account Inbox OR the Trash folder - select your Inbox and the selected emails will be moved out of your Trash folder and be restored in your Inbox. IF you do not see the folder-looking icon with the arrow on it at the bottom of your screen, then you have either not selected the emails you want to move OR you are still in the Combined Inbox display.

POWERMIKE2

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Restoring Emails from Trash Folder - 4.4.2 TABLET

If you have a tablet, look for the folder icon with the arrow at the top right of your screen!

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
All I get is a folder with a checkmark on it, none with an arrow. I have a Yahoo email account, and typically, if I've moved the emails from my inbox to a folder on my computer, then delete the messages from my phone, the messages remain in the folders on my computer. But there is a batch of emails that were deleted entirely even from my computer, and now I can't get them out of the trash on my phone. And, now that they are in Trash, when I open the email, I can't even forward them to myself again. Help!

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you have other email accounts on your phone besides your Yahoo email account, such as a Gmail account? I'll assume you have only the one Yahoo email account, but it sounds like you are in the Combined email accounts mode versus a singular email account mode.
I have experienced a couple of occasions when the email app doesn't respond correctly to the email recovery steps (at start of this thread): not showing the folder with the horizontal arrow. So, I repeat the entire procedure again several times. If it's still not responding correctly, I then power down the phone, wait a minute, and power it back up, and that has always fixed the stubborn email app for me.