Calendar sync problem

IBMJunkman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Helping neighbor with Verizon Galaxy S4 and Outlook 2007. Phone is 4.4.2 and Kies is 3.2.14083_17.

Email on the S4 is working fine. Account is set up using IMAP. Contacts sync fine with Outlook. The Calendar appears to sync but when you open it on the phone there are no items. I have opened Settings and the My Calendar option has no entries. There is an entry for the Gmail account but she does not use it.

It appears there is no Calendar book for Kies to sync to Outlook. If I try to add an account the only option that makes sense is Microsoft Exchange and that option asks for an email address and password. To me that does not apply to Outlook.

Ideas as to what is wrong?

IBMJunkman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Email is an IMAP account hosted on GoDaddy. I assume it is Microsoft. Not sure about your question re Outlook and associated. I thought calendars were just in the Outlook PST on the PC?

When KIES does the sync the progress bar moves like it is transferring data. I think it is on the phone but just not visible.

IBMJunkman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Should there be an entry under My Calendars for the PC Outlook calendar? If so, how does one get it there? The gmail account is not being used.

Attachments

• S4_email.jpg
    S4_email.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech