Galaxy S4 flashes Samsung logo then shuts down, won't power up or enter recovery mode, nothing

amirh1

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
When I insert a battery the S4 powers up, shows the Samsung logo for 1 sec and dies. Power button doesn't do anything, booting with recovery mode has same effect (shows a blue text message with the Samsung Logo but then dies immediately). When it wasn't malfunctioning inserting a battery didn't power up the phone (until I press power button). Is it possible that this can be fixed?
Tried it with several batteries, tried when it's plugged to power and not plugged, and symptoms are the same.

Any help on what I can do, short of buying a new phone? BTW the phone is Verizon stock (not rooted or anything), running Android 4.4.2
Thanks!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Take a battery. Lay it on a flat table. Try to spin it around. (If it spins, find a place that takes discarded lithium batteries [they're toxic, don't just throw one in the trash] and get rid of it - it's shot.)

Take a good battery (one that doesn't spin). Put it in the phone. Plug in the charger. Don't even look at the phone for 24 hours. Then see if it boots.

It not, add a post to the thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis