Bluetooth not turning off with Airplane mode

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
Well recently I've noticed that when I turn on airplane mode to preserve batter while not in cellular/wifi range that the bluetooth no longer toggles on/off with it.

It used to, if I went into airplane mode cellular, wifi and bluetooth would all turn off, and when I deactivate it all three would turn back on. this is no longer the case, I have to turn bluetooth on and off separately.

I'm not sure what app/update caused it, but I suspect it's likely related the the recent fitness device app crap that is rolling out from samsung.

Any one else experienced this or know the cause?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well recently I've noticed that when I turn on airplane mode to preserve batter while not in cellular/wifi range that the bluetooth no longer toggles on/off with it.

It used to, if I went into airplane mode cellular, wifi and bluetooth would all turn off, and when I deactivate it all three would turn back on. this is no longer the case, I have to turn bluetooth on and off separately.

I'm not sure what app/update caused it, but I suspect it's likely related the the recent fitness device app crap that is rolling out from samsung.

Any one else experienced this or know the cause?

It could just be come kind of glitch with the OS. Have you tried making your device visible in Bluetooth then putting it in Airplane mode. If the device still pops up as visible then the Bluetooth is obviously on, if not than there is something else going on.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
1 min. battery pull had no effect on the problem, Bluetooth stays on while in airplane mode.

Should have tried it before, but just did - mine stays on too. I can see where that would be handy on a plane if you want to use bluetooth headphones. They're relaxing the rules on aircraft regarding RF.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX