Verizon S4 Update While Not On Verizon?

Rigwald

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am not very knowledgeable about cell phones. I have a rooted Verizon S4 that I I am using on T-Mobile. How do I go about updating to the newest version of Android? Do I have to do it manually, since I no longer have a Verizon sim card installed?

Thanks!

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Download a ROM over wifi & flash from Recovery or fastboot. Oh, wait, it's not a Nexus, is it.
If bootloader is MDK you can use ODIN to flash a recovery & go from there. Otherwise you may be able to use the Safestrap recovery.

Rigwald

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
No is is a Galaxy S4, not Nexus. Will doing the ROM lose all my settings/apps/etc...? Do I need to use the Verizon specific ROM or can I use any S4 ROM?

I'm a PC guy, so this smartphone territory is brand new for me.

donniedoomsday3

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest not updating while using your Verizon branded phone while using tmobiles network it won't let you send any text messages at all I updated mine and its worthless now look it up :(

Posted via the Android Central App

donniedoomsday3

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Nah there not. Everything stopped working once I installed the lollipop upgrade. If you want to risk it and totally have useless phone you can upgrade it with the Samsung kies application on a computer

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad