Rooting Samsung Galaxy S4

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Has ANYONE had any success rooting the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH1545 running Android 5.0.1)? I understand it can't be done, not to sure if it's true or not....I see other people rooting their S4, but they are on At&T and T-Mobile......I just got a Nexus 6 and I want to root and maybe put a custom rom on my old S4 and just use it as a wifi device for Facebook, maybe chats, and also to use it as an MP3 player...... Any suggestions on how to get a custom rom installed without rooting would be greatly appreciated.

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
For the most part my understanding after reading a bit the i545 CAN be rooted with kingroot via PC but you cannot install custom recovery. I have been able to install a stock rom onto the device using flashfire.

As always proceed with caution, my device i own outright and it's out of warranty.

kyleiniowa

May 21, 2015
Visit site
For the most part my understanding after reading a bit the i545 CAN be rooted with kingroot via PC but you cannot install custom recovery. I have been able to install a stock rom onto the device using flashfire.

As always proceed with caution, my device i own outright and it's out of warranty.
Could you please explain "Can be rooted with kingroot via PC" please? Would love to root my 5.0.1 Verizon SCH-I545!!! Haven't found a way yet... Thought it was impossible! Would be very interested in this. Is it free? Thanks!!

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Could you please explain "Can be rooted with kingroot via PC" please? Would love to root my 5.0.1 Verizon SCH-I545!!! Haven't found a way yet... Thought it was impossible! Would be very interested in this. Is it free? Thanks!!

Hey buddy sorry for the delay in replying I see the reply then completely forget about stuff. I wonder how the hell super busy people stop forgetting stuff, I've realized the value of my calendar planners now.

Anyway to the main point....I used KingRoot for pc. It is free... kingroot dawt net

kyleiniowa

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I didn't know Kingroot for pc would work on the Verizon S5! Last time I tried I think it said it wasn't supported... Maybe there are enough requests for it now. Thanks for your help, I will try it again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke