Certain Apps (YoutTube&Snapchat, etc.) Won't work on 3g/4g mobile data, but do on Wifi.

Antonio_LT144

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I've had my phone for a little over a year, and in the past few months I haven't been able to use YouTube, Snapchat, Netflix, and a few other apps on my mobile 3g/4g data, but I run other apps just fine. I tried uninstalling apps, clearing the cache and data of the apps, yet nothing. All these apps function as they're supposed to while on WiFi. Not rooted, and havent gone near my data limit every month. Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have Restrict Background Data turned on in Settings>Data Usage​? Or have you set a data limit, and exceeded it for this month?

Antonio_LT144

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
As I mentioned, I haven't gotten close to my data limit, nor the cap I have set on my phone. I can use apps such as facebook or google while on the data, but YouTube and Snapchat seem to have a connection problem, telling me I have no network connection.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoops! Sorry, I totally missed that. I assume, though, that you also don't have Restrict Background Data turned on, right? Restrict Background Data can be turned on universally, or you can turn it on specifically for certain apps. If it isn't turned on universally, then select one of those apps that's causing problems (in Settings>Data Usage​) and make sure it isn't restricted.

Majaa

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
It worked for me:

Fix: Settings -> Press 'Mobile Network' (not Off-On!) -> Names accespoints -> Click your provider -> Remove 'Proxy' and 'Port'

Antonio_LT144

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but the problem still continues, and neither the apps nor my universal settings have data restricted.

Posted via the Android Central App

Whatsasnyder

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had my phone for a little over a year, and in the past few months I haven't been able to use YouTube, Snapchat, Netflix, and a few other apps on my mobile 3g/4g data, but I run other apps just fine. I tried uninstalling apps, clearing the cache and data of the apps, yet nothing. All these apps function as they're supposed to while on WiFi. Not rooted, and havent gone near my data limit every month. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if it exists an all phones regardless of provider, but my youtube app wouldn't even try to load on mobile data and I just tried allowing background data for the unified daemon that I had restricted; now it works! I hope this helps! Note 4 here!

dazras

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on all 3 of my family's Galaxy S4 minis. It started about 2 weeks ago, 4G won't work with some apps (snapchat, playstore), but does work with others (weather, chrome). All apps work on wi-fi. I went to verizon store and called support, no one has any fix yet. I tried resetting one phone back to factory settings. I've never gone over on my monthly data and have no restrictions. Any help is appreciated!

bnjmnalan

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same/similar problem using mobile data.

Apps that work on mobile data: Chrome, YouTube, Speed Test Test, Play Movies, Facebook, Email

Apps that do NOT have mobile data access: Play Store, Netflix, MMS, Glympse, Maps

If I turn on a VPN then they all suddenly work (except mms, but that never works with a vpn).

I didn't want to have to use a VPN full time, besides some apps/functions won't work with VPN's (MMS, Netflix, etc).

I've tried several apn settings with no luck. I've tried all the solutions in this thread with no effect.

Simonovics

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi, for me it worked:
- find the available apn in mobile data and do not reset it just hold the apn for a while and press delete the apn at the upcoming window.
- in the same time the system will suggest available apns where I just choosed the default selected and thats it.

Sohag Islam

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I have faced this problem about few months. I have delete any kind of proxy and the all problem has solved! I did not use Chrome, Youtube, Playstore and some other apps, but now working. Just delete your any kind of proxy.
My english level is too little, sorry for any mistake.
Have a nice day.
Sohag

Thaesis

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I have been searching for month how to fix my youtube app because it did not work over wifi.
I have a oneplus 3 with android 7.1.1. In the settings->apps->youtube there is a menu called " Data Usage " inside this menu there is a button " Disabled wifi " which turns off the wifi connection for that app. Also there is a switch for mobile data too.

So frustrating... At least the app or android could pop up a notification about this....

Galuoc

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
Thank you everyone for help!!! I have faced this problem for a few days with my new Note 8. And I thought the problem belongs to Android system. But not. I just need to remove all the proxy on APN and it works. That's why my friends said that I should buy an iphone. But I dont like it.