Upgrade from 4.4.2 NK1 (Rooted)

spyder5157

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well...Been reading, searching, reading again...I've really got myself lost, hope there is some help....
My Phone:
Android: 4.4.2
NK1
Rooted
SafeStrap Installed
(Verizon Phone, on Straight Talk).

I have been trying to figure out the best way to get to lollipop and keep root. I've read the few techs (some over on XDA) using FlashFire. The first time I looked thru that they were having issues with the WiFi after the update. Also, that update was taking it to the OC1 BL.

I had some input, was sent a ROM to flash using Flashfire, which apparently takes it to the NK4 BL with lollipop ??

I am quite confused how to go forward? So, some basic questions?
1. Is there a finalized tech to upgrade to lollipop, and keep root? (Which includes the ROM files?)
2. If someone could please help me understand the basics of these BL updates? I know the original OTA took it from NK1 to 4, which then qualified it for Lollipop. IF this particular file I've been given is valid, I'm guessing that keeping it on NK4 is so it can still be downgraded, and SafeStrap should still be working?
3. I thought I read once updated to OC1, SafeStrap is no longer capable? or is there a version of SS for this??

Bottom line is this is my only phone, I just need to be sure before pulling the trigger. I went thru a similar situation from JB to KitKat, but was able to use ODIN and down the BL/Root/Upgrade again. Now, I'm a bit lost about these BL versions and how to do this.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!
Looking forward.....Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome