Info/Speculation on the 1st Verizon LTE World Phone?

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So now that LTE is up & Droid3 and Bionic are (nearly) here, anybody hear whisperings about a 4G phone with a GSM slot as well? I'm due for an upgrade, but sticking with my Storm2 for now since I can use it when I travel. Seems like lots of others are in the same boat.

CubsFanForLife

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
So now that LTE is up & Droid3 and Bionic are (nearly) here, anybody hear whisperings about a 4G phone with a GSM slot as well? I'm due for an upgrade, but sticking with my Storm2 for now since I can use it when I travel. Seems like lots of others are in the same boat.
The next iPhone is rumored to have a dual CDMA/GSM Qualcom chip, and if the Verizon version includes LTE (which is anyone's guess at this point in the game) it may be the first. We'll have to see.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read anything, but you can be sure it's coming. If you can't wait and can skip the LTE, the Droid Incredible 2 is an excellent choice.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I got a Thunderbolt as I spend 99% of my time in the states. I do have a storm 2 that I can activate in a moments notice, just in case...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I got a Thunderbolt as I spend 99% of my time in the states. I do have a storm 2 that I can activate in a moments notice, just in case...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
It's going to be until at least next March before that happens (if not longer). The LTE radios are still too big to allow it.

Reactions: npo

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that's useful!

If I keep hearing that, I'll probably go for an LTE phone (compare Bionic vs the other options in a coupl'a weeks) & keep my Storm2 for travelling

It's going to be until at least next March before that happens (if not longer). The LTE radios are still too big to allow it.

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So I guess it's a good time to bump this and ask the question again... Anybody hear whisperings/have insight into the timing of a Verizon LTE/global phone?

Seems like Motorola could start with the new Razr, up the battery to 2000mAh-plus, and add a GSM radio, and the phone would still only be about 1cm thick, No?

I still don't have a big enough reason to upgrade until one comes out or my Storm2 dies.

Last edited: