Any way to tell if you're on 850mhz or 1900mhz EV-DO?

CubsFanForLife

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Posted this over on HoFo too. Any help would be appreciated!

I know there's an app called "Signal" that will supposedly give you the info you need to figure it out, but in order to get it on my iphone I'd have to Jailbreak it and I would prefer not to. So any ideas? Thanks in advance!

--
Former Android user trying iOS on for size.

Last edited:

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's cellular network is a complicated mix between the 800 and 1900 MHz areas. However, in most cases (outside Texas and Florida) Verizon uses the 800 MHz band for voice services. In Texas and Florida, Verizon generally utilizes the 1900 MHz frequency band. Furthermore, Verizon generally uses the 1900 MHz frequency band for its EVDO broadband data service.

Long story short, it depends on where you are and if you are talking about voice or data. Chances are your phone is toggles back and forth at different times during the day. I would suggest calling tech support and asking them...

samsuck

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's cellular network is a complicated mix between the 800 and 1900 MHz areas. However, in most cases (outside Texas and Florida) Verizon uses the 800 MHz band for voice services. In Texas and Florida, Verizon generally utilizes the 1900 MHz frequency band. Furthermore, Verizon generally uses the 1900 MHz frequency band for its EVDO broadband data service.

Long story short, it depends on where you are and if you are talking about voice or data. Chances are your phone is toggles back and forth at different times during the day. I would suggest calling tech support and asking them...

Houston and El paso are an exception to that. we have 850 here, 1900 everwhere else