1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default question about switching phones frequently

These may be some dumb questions, but here goes anyway. I'm used to AT&T and t moblie, where switching phones is as easy as moving the sim card.

I'm relatively new to Verizon and the need to switch phones has come up ( i work for a developer).

I can see on the website that's its fairly straight forward to do by having the imei numbers for old and new phones. So here's the questions

1. Is there a stated and/or practical limit to doing this? I would not be changing plans as I have the all you can eat everything plan.

2. Once you switch away from a phone, can you later switch back to it? Here is the scenario. Currently have a droid 2 and need to switch for a month or so to an iphone. When I'm done though I want to move back to my droid

3. Are there any fees, stated or hidden for switching devices?

Thanks in advance

ROM
    Buisiness GingerSense 3.0

Default Re: question about switching phones frequently

Quote Originally Posted by snovguy View Post
    1. Is there a stated and/or practical limit to doing this? I would not be changing plans as I have the all you can eat everything plan.
    no, there isn't but if you upgrade before your upgrade date and get the phone directly from verizon you will have to pay the full retail price of the phone, be it 300 or 500 dollars.

2. Once you switch away from a phone, can you later switch back to it? Here is the scenario. Currently have a droid 2 and need to switch for a month or so to an iphone. When I'm done though I want to move back to my droid
    when you obtain a phone with a contract you are basically buying it at a deeply discounted price, so, you are the owner of the phone, you can keep it even after your contract ends.

please refer to my awnser to number 1

These may be some dumb questions, but here goes anyway. I'm used to AT&T and t moblie, where switching phones is as easy as moving the sim card.

I'm relatively new to Verizon and the need to switch phones has come up ( i work for a developer).

I can see on the website that's its fairly straight forward to do by having the imei numbers for old and new phones. So here's the questions

Thanks in advance
    1. You can switch whenever.
    2. You can switch back whenever you like to your other phone.
    3. Nope. I switch a lot.

Just dial *228 and follow the prompts from your iphone after you have turned off your d2.
    @missjennell
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
    1. You can switch whenever.
    2. You can switch back whenever you like to your other phone.
    3. Nope. I switch a lot.

Just dial *228 and follow the prompts from your iphone after you have turned off your d2.
    Thank you so much!
    I'm working for a developer and phones as flavor of the month will likely be my fate for the next few months

Thank you so much!
    I'm working for a developer and phones as flavor of the month will likely be my fate for the next few months
    I have a 'flavor of the month' with phones like every 6 weeks. Lol.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

3. Thought there was an activation fee of $35?

Quote Originally Posted by isdaako View Post
    3. Thought there was an activation fee of $35?
    Only when you upgrade and buy a new phone at the sub price.
    @missjennell

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have run into issues using *228 between a bb and my droid x. Apparently, even though the data plan is the same price, they register differently in the system. You can't automatically switch between the two.

Cust service may try to tell you there's a $10 charge for doing it over the phone. Politely refuse.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10