question about switching phones frequently

snovguy

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
These may be some dumb questions, but here goes anyway. I'm used to AT&T and t moblie, where switching phones is as easy as moving the sim card.

I'm relatively new to Verizon and the need to switch phones has come up ( i work for a developer).

I can see on the website that's its fairly straight forward to do by having the imei numbers for old and new phones. So here's the questions

1. Is there a stated and/or practical limit to doing this? I would not be changing plans as I have the all you can eat everything plan.

2. Once you switch away from a phone, can you later switch back to it? Here is the scenario. Currently have a droid 2 and need to switch for a month or so to an iphone. When I'm done though I want to move back to my droid

3. Are there any fees, stated or hidden for switching devices?

Thanks in advance

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
1. Is there a stated and/or practical limit to doing this? I would not be changing plans as I have the all you can eat everything plan.
no, there isn't but if you upgrade before your upgrade date and get the phone directly from verizon you will have to pay the full retail price of the phone, be it 300 or 500 dollars.

2. Once you switch away from a phone, can you later switch back to it? Here is the scenario. Currently have a droid 2 and need to switch for a month or so to an iphone. When I'm done though I want to move back to my droid

when you obtain a phone with a contract you are basically buying it at a deeply discounted price, so, you are the owner of the phone, you can keep it even after your contract ends.

please refer to my awnser to number 1

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
These may be some dumb questions, but here goes anyway. I'm used to AT&T and t moblie, where switching phones is as easy as moving the sim card.

I'm relatively new to Verizon and the need to switch phones has come up ( i work for a developer).

I can see on the website that's its fairly straight forward to do by having the imei numbers for old and new phones. So here's the questions

Thanks in advance

1. You can switch whenever.
2. You can switch back whenever you like to your other phone.
3. Nope. I switch a lot.

Just dial *228 and follow the prompts from your iphone after you have turned off your d2.

snovguy

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
1. You can switch whenever.
2. You can switch back whenever you like to your other phone.
3. Nope. I switch a lot.

Just dial *228 and follow the prompts from your iphone after you have turned off your d2.

Thank you so much!
I'm working for a developer and phones as flavor of the month will likely be my fate for the next few months

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I have run into issues using *228 between a bb and my droid x. Apparently, even though the data plan is the same price, they register differently in the system. You can't automatically switch between the two.

Cust service may try to tell you there's a $10 charge for doing it over the phone. Politely refuse.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae