Corporate discounts

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I just signed up with Verizon with two Droid Incredible 2's on a family plan. She is eligible for a discount throuigh Sears. Does this discount apply to juist the base rate of the plan, or does it also cover the $30.00 data plans?

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that the corporate discount longer applies to the data plan charges of the plan. The discount used to be applied before they stopped offering the unlimited data plans.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is this:
If you share minutes, the discount applies to the whole minute plan.
If you have separate minutes, the discount applies only to the minutes for the primary line.
It would only ever apply to the primary's data plan, not both. This may have changed since unlimited plans went belly-up, as another person mentioned.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a corporate plan through my local state government and get 18% off voice and 20% off all my features like data etc. Only on the primary line though, but I have a family talk and text plan so bit comes off the largest amount of the bill.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

dc1225

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I just paid $25 and $35 activation fees for family plan w 2 lines. I thought the activation fees were waived if you have corp. discount? I am on a corporate discount plan(20%)

androik

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I also have access to the Sears Corp discount. I'd like to stay on Verizon, but the ATT discount is a bit better. Do you guys read "20% off data features" for Verizon as being 20% off a data plan?

The way it works with Verizon voice is that the primary line pays for the major portion of the family voice plan and gets the discount. My extra line doesn't get the discount, but it only pays a bit more to be the 2nd line. I assume data works differently where both lines pay the full cost... and I'm guessing that only the primary line will get the discounted data. Is that how you see it working? Do you know if it works that way for both Verizon and ATT?

BTW, here is the Sears discount for Sprint, ATT & Verizon http://www.searsholdings.com/business/thirdparty/3rdPartyDiscounts.pdf