Upset with Samsung Charge

w9mka

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
About two weeks ago I went to the local Verizon Store and upgraded my Droid X to a Samsung Charge. The salesman really talked up the Samsung Charge. I am currently on my 2nd Charge. The apps are constantly giving me a Force Close Warning. The phone is randomly reseting and turning off random features. On my current phone I am only able to have one ringtone or notificaton tone. I have been unsucessuful in getting the phone to do a hard reset back to factory settings. Every time I attempt to reset the phone it just returns to the previous settings. Needless to say I am unhappy with the phone.

I am requesting the advise of the forum. Would you return the phone to Verizon and demand another phone? If you was to get another phone which 4G LTE phone would you get?

brocklee137

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using a task killer such as Advanced Task Killer? Might help with the app issues as well as the phone resets.

If you had to get another 4g LTE phone, I'd recommend the Bolt over the Revo, as the Revo feels less comfortable in hand. It's also bing-ed, which isn't really a problem if you root it.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using a task killer such as Advanced Task Killer? Might help with the app issues as well as the phone resets.

I'd bet a task killer is likely your problem. If you have one installed, delete it. Sometimes the sales guys will throw one on and they tend to do more harm than good. If you know for a fact you don't have one installed, take it back for a new one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if I would try a task killer it would only make things worse. Your best beat would be to get a new charge because you shouldn't have those issue with it. If you do decide to try another device I would recommend the bolt I'm very happy with mine. Good luck.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

w9mka

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the comments. I do not have a task killer on this phone. My first Charge had really poor sound quality on the recieve audio. My second Charge has much better sound quality. Tonight I tried to send a mass txt to my fire dept about a run we had and I was unable to send the txt. I am using Handcent SMS. I can send one txt at a time fine just not to several people. This just started tonight. I set an alarm tonight and when I woke up the alarm had deleted itself. These random quarks this phone has are really upsetting me. I am seriously considering another phone. I have even thought about getting an iPhone. This is just really strange. My Droid X was a much better phone than this one.

vzwdroidtech

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
About two weeks ago I went to the local Verizon Store and upgraded my Droid X to a Samsung Charge. The salesman really talked up the Samsung Charge. I am currently on my 2nd Charge. The apps are constantly giving me a Force Close Warning. The phone is randomly reseting and turning off random features. On my current phone I am only able to have one ringtone or notificaton tone. I have been unsucessuful in getting the phone to do a hard reset back to factory settings. Every time I attempt to reset the phone it just returns to the previous settings. Needless to say I am unhappy with the phone.

I am requesting the advise of the forum. Would you return the phone to Verizon and demand another phone? If you was to get another phone which 4G LTE phone would you get?

As far as the device returning to its original settings, that is a FEATURE of the device. If you want to truly start from Day 1, here's what you want to do:

1. Perform the Factory Data Reset.
2. After activation, skip the steps that add accounts, just get to the home screen.
3. BEFORE entering your Gmail acct, do the following:

3a - Go to Settings > Privacy
3b - De-check the Automatic Restore option. You may need to enable 'Back up my data' first.
3c - Press the home key, then select the Gmail icon. After you enter the account info, your Market history will be removed from recent memory, allowing a completely fresh start. Your overall history is stored online at market.androiod.com.

Good luck!

vzwdroidtech

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the comments. I do not have a task killer on this phone. My first Charge had really poor sound quality on the recieve audio. My second Charge has much better sound quality. Tonight I tried to send a mass txt to my fire dept about a run we had and I was unable to send the txt. I am using Handcent SMS. I can send one txt at a time fine just not to several people. This just started tonight. I set an alarm tonight and when I woke up the alarm had deleted itself. These random quarks this phone has are really upsetting me. I am seriously considering another phone. I have even thought about getting an iPhone. This is just really strange. My Droid X was a much better phone than this one.

A few very important things to remember:

This a computer first, with whatever capabilities given to us by the manufacturer. Like a computer, the device can be subject to software conflicts.

Secondly, no carrier can support the malfunction of a device caused by third party apps, as the carrier didn't develop them. In your example of sending a text to a distribution list, does it work right out of the box, or after a data reset? If it does then your issue might be apps in conflict.

See a tech before 8/31, and you should get a helpful answer.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz