Tiered doesn't make sense:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Why is the low user being over charged for data to offset bandwidth issues; when, the high user is getting discounted plans and are the ones who have "caused" the "problem". That's not fair.

Now, here is a way I devised that is fair and makes more sense. Verizon would make less money this way; but, would make more money than having the unlimited plan. But more importantly: the low user isn't hurt AS much.

Get rid of "plans" and just charge per use.

First GB=$15. (My GF is a LOW LOW user and hasn't even gone over 1 yet. 12 days left. Not even close. That's fair.)

GB after that is $10:
2-25
3-35 ($5 more than 2gb right now; and fair for the average user at $5 less than what you'd pay now for 3. I've averaged around 5 a few months; but, lately I've been under 3 and I'm on my phone all the time)
4-45

$5 for 5 (Meaning $5 after 4) making it $50 which is what they have now.

$6 here after. (Which would revenue less than now; but, more than unlimited; and, meet there $80 for 10).
6-56
7-62
8-68
9-74
10-80

I know heavy users that go over 10; and, I'm sure people here do; and, you probably won't like this: but, since "your the problem" it makes it fair. Seriously, over 10... come on...go play outside. JK. After 10 the cycle starts over making it 15 for the first GB after 10 so $95 (repeat above cycle after this)

If your tethering: I'm sorry. Free tether is gone with this. Free tether is a big part of the reason why unlimited doesn't exist anymore. If you need tether. And you pay for it. $45 for 4; $75 for 8. $105 for 16. Yes, you get discounted from above because your being an honest person and paying for your tether.

It just makes more sense for the low user. They shouldn't be effected because of high bandwidth users causing prices to go up.

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows. Just my opinion. lol.

Alder5

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
That would be all that was needed to send all the business clients over to the big A.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That's why i think carriers need to punish the ones who treat their data like it was their main isp. But ah money tends to speak a different language

kwjones

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
well everyone's data usage is different. something needs to be done because you have companies offering online movies like blockbuster and netflix. Watching those movies sucks 500-700 mb each and after watching a few you'll easily hit your limit. I think the pricing should be lower since like $2 per gb. It makes no sense that so little data cost more that you're broadband cable.
It makes no sence to make faster phones and have data cost so much.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have used 3 gigs of data within the last two days of work so I disagree with your plan. However, in my defense, that's all Netflix and you can't dangle a 4G device in front of me and limit my usage. But, I should mention that data is used on my Xoom so I pay extra for unlimited mobile hot spot. That entitles me to use more data as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995