Buying phone w/o being "on contract"

fubaracing7374

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
So here is my question... I am currently on AT&T and would like to give the Thunderbolt a try. I went and Verizon is requiring a $400 security deposit before I can. With the phone costing $249 on the Internet, would Verizon give me an account if I just bought the phone outright and just went month to month? The phone on Verizon's website shows it for $569. So for me to start an account with Verizon, it would be cheaper to just buy it off contract and go month to month. But I don't know if they would let me do that. Any ideas?

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Look around on eBay, but make sure its never been activated and has SIM card. I got my for $425 delivered. I'be been on VZW contracts for years.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

joncat84

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This works as long as you are sure you are buying it without contract for 249.99 which sounds cheap to me. You would still have to pay the 400 deposit though and you wouldn't be eligible for any employee discounts on your bill.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought all of Verizon's plans were contracted, except for their prepaid services. If you do prepaid I can't imagine that you would have to pay the security deposit because you would be buying the phone at full price (or bringing in your own) and would be paying for your service before you use it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1