AR 4G LTE Markets

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving the LTE here, the only thing wrong is the ping times...The lowest I've gotten was in the high 80's, usually 95-150 which seems really high for LTE. The latency hasn't really improved over 3G, as I usually averaged 85-100 on 3G.

I hope they get to you in Malvern really soon! It couldn't be too much longer since they're getting it all around you.

I have to wonder if part of it has to do with the local servers. I've picked some servers from out of state, and I get better pings than I do for any of the Little Rock servers.

redsoxboi21

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
What kind of speeds you getting on VZW LTE? I have att/ST and live right off Malvern ave 1 mile before the county line in Garland county.

I am getting about 20-25 Mbps in town... At my house I'm getting like 4-5 cause I am on the VERY edge. At my house it switches from 4G to 3G constantly.

palmdroid1

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
With 3G, pinging the Bixby, OK server gave me the best pings. Have dropped below 80, before. With 4G, that same server gives me 160+ pings. The Memphis server seems to have the lowest ping over LTE from my location.
My average speeds are 20-30 during the day, till later. After midnight and before 7 a.m., I get between 30 and 40 down. Uploads between 8 and 16. It also helps that I'm in direct line of sight with the tower, from a little over 2 blocks away.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's possible that parts of Benton were just testing LTE. I was at Walmart and Kroger last night, and it fell back to 3G and couldn't get LTE to work. I know it was working last week in the same locations.

Gu1l7y5p4rk

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that parts of Benton were just testing LTE. I was at Walmart and Kroger last night, and it fell back to 3G and couldn't get LTE to work. I know it was working last week in the same locations.

I'm in Haskell just outside of Benton, and have noticed 4g and 3g drops and/or speed fluctuations for a couple days. Maybe Malvern is getting lte soon?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

palmdroid1

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Been a while since anyone posted here. I took a trip over to the Mountain Home area this past weekend, and pleased to say they've turned on LTE there. I had it everywhere I went around the lake, as well as in Henderson, Mountain Home, Cotter, and Gassville. The VZW coverage map, just like in my area, doesn't show LTE coverage, but it's there!

I wonder how many towns have it that aren't listed or on the map. If I was dumping billions of dollars on a nationwide network upgrade, I'd want my coverage maps to show it in real time...ya know...bragging rights! Oh well, just glad that I have it.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Looks like more of the state has LTE coverage. Obviously, I knew Benton was covered. Sheridan, Forrest City, Brinkley, Wynne, more areas along Interstate 40, and more places in North AR. That's great news for those areas. I'm still wondering when it's going to cover my city.

Last edited:

hodiedoe

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
well im getting 12 to 15Mbps and im only 7 miles from malvern live by pearsons landing and the reynolds plant. faster down loads than cable out here . should be getting there by 2013 from what i heard .

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope not, because I probably won't be with them much longer. Also, VZ stated that all cities that are close to major highways/interstates should be covered by the end of the year, and Malvern definitely fits the bill. I don't really see what else the techs have to work on. Everything appears to be in place since May in the city. It shouldn't take until 2013 to be activated.

palmdroid1

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they'll get you by the end of the year. I would think it would already be on. I didn't figure this little ghetto town would get it till next year.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
After the long wait, it appears (at least for now) that LTE is activated in Malvern (at least at my address). I've also heard that the Magnet Cove/Jones Mill areas have it, too. So far, the speeds have been pretty much what Verizon advertises. Over 13Mbps is the highest I've achieved for download and over 5Mbps for upload. Finally!

hodiedoe

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
glad to here malverns got it . the speed is great compared to 3g and faster than my hspa+ phone account with ATT. download speeds approaching 2 megabytes a second sure make waste of OS upgrades and and video driver upgrades.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to be dropping my service soon, unfortunately. It's due to financial reasons. I'm going to miss having LTE and unlimited data. At least I can say I've tried LTE at my backyard.

Speaking of new Arkansas cities, someone on Twitter mentioned that he/she got LTE in Arkadelphia over the weekend. So, hooray, more nearby locations are getting it. :)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to be dropping my service soon, unfortunately. It's due to financial reasons. I'm going to miss having LTE and unlimited data. At least I can say I've tried LTE at my backyard.

Speaking of new Arkansas cities, someone on Twitter mentioned that he/she got LTE in Arkadelphia over the weekend. So, hooray, more nearby locations are getting it. :)

Sorry to hear you have to drop your account. If it's unlimited, keep in mind that as long as you are OK with losing the phone number you may be able to sell it to someone else who wants an unlimited account.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear you have to drop your account. If it's unlimited, keep in mind that as long as you are OK with losing the phone number you may be able to sell it to someone else who wants an unlimited account.

I'm fine with it.

Anyways, look at the map? Is it just me, or do I see additions in parts of Southern AR? Fordyce, Bearden, around De Queen, Eudora, Lake Village. I don't remember any of these cities mapped with LTE before.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Fordyce does have 4g. My parents live in bearden but i haven't noticed 4g yet. My phone acts weird around small 4g areas. It goes back and forth from 1x to 4g then stays on 3g. Maybe im in an extended area?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC