Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

Default AR 4G LTE Markets

The Little Rock market was on the list to deploy LTE by the first half of the year. Of course, that never happened. It's still supposed to launch this year, but time is running out Three more months will be left after Sept, and it didn't make next month's list. Does anyone that lives in central AR or the region know what's happening? I see Jonesboro is now going to get LTE this year, as well as Fort Smith (which the latter city was mentioned a long time ago).
    Last edited by One Radical Dude; 07-17-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Changed title due to seeing/hearing signs in the works.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Default Re: No LTE in the Little Rock, AR area; why no love, VZW?

Im patiently waiting also...

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Blame it on Wal-Mart. You are in the Wal-Mart state you should know they call the shots in AR, they are telling Verizon where to place it. lol lol jk.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

From what I understood, Central Arkansas was supposed to launch before the end of the first half of this year, but they had a bit of a hurdle as to trying to get the backhaul in place or something. Jonesboro and Fort Smith, by the way, are getting LTE on Thursday (if they haven't gotten it by now).

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

4g in little rock at the war memorial stadium tailgate!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    4g in little rock at the war memorial stadium tailgate!
    Probably one of the first spots in Central AR to test it. Can you post a screenshot of speeds (if you still have it)?

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Test Date: Sep 10, 2011 12:11:24 pm
    Connection Type: Lte
    Server: Wellington, KS
    Download: 10.60 Mbps
    Upload: 3.63 Mbps
    Ping: 114 ms

External IP: 166.249.192.34
    Internal IP: 10.149.226.110, 10.180.107.117
    Latitude: 34.75518
    Longitude: -92.33022

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

They are testing. It keeps droppingdown to 0 signal then back up. It also has gone down to 1mbps
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

Thanks for sharing. Now, we know that they're finally working on expanding LTE to the area. I'm guessing November or December will be the time they launch it.
    Last edited by One Radical Dude; 09-10-2011 at 07:11 PM.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

Default Re: Little Rock/Central AR LTE

As I was heading to Little Rock today, I noticed at one monopole multi-carrier structure that I know have Verizon antennas, the top group of antennas looked different from what I saw last time. I noticed taller antennas were installed at the top. It was located near Frontage Rd/Mt. Carmel right near Target and Best Buy in Benton/Bryant area. That's the only site I noticed changes so far (I'm sure there are others, but that's the noticeable cell site I've seen different so far).

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

They actually brought in a COW "Cell on Wheels" for the game that was broadcasting LTE. they did that to take some of the bandwidth off of 3G. While tailgating I got speeds up to 20Mbps. I think it was smart on Verizon's behalf to have the COW because plenty of my Att friends were having issues getting out... From inside sources I hear we should be officially online by November. There was a problem with one of the contractors getting the repeater.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by jmotl View Post
    They actually brought in a COW "Cell on Wheels" for the game that was broadcasting LTE. they did that to take some of the bandwidth off of 3G. While tailgating I got speeds up to 20Mbps. I think it was smart on Verizon's behalf to have the COW because plenty of my Att friends were having issues getting out... From inside sources I hear we should be officially online by November. There was a problem with one of the contractors getting the repeater.
    Thanks for the information. Any idea if you can confirm that cities as far north as Searcy and as far south as Pine Bluff will be included in the launch, or do you not know how much of Central AR will be blanketed with LTE? Someone mentioned that to me, but I wanted to know if you knew anything on that.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
    As I was heading to Little Rock today, I noticed at one monopole multi-carrier structure that I know have Verizon antennas, the top group of antennas looked different from what I saw last time. I noticed taller antennas were installed at the top. It was located near Frontage Rd/Mt. Carmel right near Target and Best Buy in Benton/Bryant area. That's the only site I noticed changes so far (I'm sure there are others, but that's the noticeable cell site I've seen different so far).
    I've seen the LTE panels throughout little rock.
    I know you didn't ask me, but If I had to guess, id say from between paron to west little rock up to cabot, but not in, about the old Siemens building south on 530 to baucom (Scott) is prolly gonna be the 4g footprint if Verizon keeps on track with their previous history. I'll be ecstatic if its more.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

I'm Southwest of Little Rock and Benton. I have a feeling I'll fall short and wait next year. :P

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by jmotl View Post
    When I had my iPhone through ATT and went to a game there in the past, I had to turn off 3g to send texts. I am glad I went to VZW.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

It does appear that the area will officially launch the service on Nov. 17.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

Does anyone have anymore news on LTE in the Little Rock area, as to what locations outside of Little Rock/North Little Rock will get it? I talked to 2-3 people, and they don't have any details.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

Thumbs down Re: Little Rock/Central AR LTE

So far, I've not seen anything or anyone mentioning that LTE is active in LR. The only thing I've seen is from a local station in the Little Rock market, The cities of Little Rock, North Little Rock, Sherwood, Conway, Morrilton, and Maumelle will be activated. Surprisingly, no Benton, Bryant, Hot Springs, etc (unless it's coming in December or will be listed as a separate market launch)? What's going on, Verizon? Is that really all? Thanks a lot! I'm sure many others will feel the same as I.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Test Date: Nov 18, 2011 7:10:20 pm
    Connection Type: Lte
    Server: Springfield, MO
    Download: 29764 kbps
    Upload: 9838 kbps
    Ping: 109 ms

External IP: 166.249.201.110
    Internal IP: 10.188.172.177, 192.168.20.1
    Latitude: 34.82351
    Longitude: -92.36885

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Hi guys, I'm with Sprint and as I was driving in this morning to work I noticed that the tall building in downtown LR that normally has a ribbon or something on it in the office lights, sayd 4G on all four sides of the building.
    jmotl likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

Yes, I heard about a building displaying the "4G" label at night. I haven't seen in in person, though.

I was in West Little Rock briefly on Friday, and got between 3-14+Mbps for download, and 3-8Mbps upload. I didn't really have a lot of opportunities to test the network.

At my place, I get between .20Mbps-1.6Mbps download with 3G. I get .30-.70Mbps a lot. I'm guessing expansions or additional cities will be launched in early 2012. I heard different people say by December, but I really doubt it. They're still upgrading the sites in Benton/Bryant. So far (where I live), I haven't noticed any LTE antennas or upgrades to any of the cell sites.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

Unless I'm mistaken, but it looks like Hot Springs definitely has LTE antennas added to some of the cell sites (you can see some of the . They need to bring the equipment to Malvern (I can't tell if the site off I-30 near Exit 97 is showing any signs of upgrading. The one on U.S. 67 didn't look any different the last time I looked). Until they do, I don't expect my location to get it in the near future. They need to upgrade, because my 3G speeds are a joke during peak usage at home (I get .20-.60Mbps, sometimes it will reach the good 1.5-2Mbps, but more of the slower speeds than the 1+Mbps, unless I'm close enough to a site).

Here's one example: This is one site in Hot Springs.

They removed some antennas and replaced them with ones that look wider. I've heard someone say that Verizon only uses long LTE antennas, I'm not convinced that they only use the really long antennas. I saw antennas that look like the ones here placed in Little Rock.

One more site: this one, you have to look harder, because this one is not as easy to notice the difference:

Look at the three antennas facing forward, and look at the second one. That's not the same one as in the before pic. It's wider than the other two in that sector.

Anyway, just something I'd like to share with folks that like to see cell sites and see what changes they go through.
    Last edited by One Radical Dude; 11-24-2011 at 07:15 PM.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

I'm going to go ahead and mention a few things regarding Central Arkansas. Last week, LTE was officially activated in the Searcy area. I was really not expecting it, but it is kind of nice to see another part of the state getting LTE. The other piece of news I wanted to share is that during the first quarter of the upcoming year, there will be more Central AR cities that will see 4G LTE early in the year. Of course, I'll believe it when I see it, but I know cell sites have been going through upgrades not far from where I live.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

For those that love cell site photos, or want to see upgrades in progress, it looks like LTE upgrades are seen even in the Arkadelphia area, so maybe there's hope that my city will not have to wait long (I still haven't noticed any changes where I live). So, places like Benton, Bryant, Hot Springs, Haskell, Malvern, Arkadelphia (there may be other locations), it may only be a matter of weeks or a few months

For the past 6 days I have been getting 4G on my new broadband modem I bought 2 months ago. I live in Salem community 2 miles west of Alcoa exchange. Got 10 Mbps last night. There has been no "official announcement" but they must be getting close to rolling it out.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast