Finally given up on WebOS...What to replace it with?

Stay with WebOS or go to Android

• Total voters

JamMasterClay

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
So I had a Pre Plus, now a Pre 2. With the recent announcement from HP, I think it's time I throw in the towel. I have to say, the OS will be dearly missed. My girlfriend has the Sprint Epic, and although the screen is gorgeous, I can't stand using the darned thing. Alas, Android has the dev base and the lack of apps being developed for WebOS has finally pushed me over the edge.

Anyways, I live in a city with 4G coverage, so I want a 4G phone. I'm grandfathered in with the $30 unlimited data plan so that's not an issue. I'm willing to wait a couple weeks for the Bionic, because it seems far superior than the Charge, Incredible 2 or ThunderBolt. My main question is, should I spring for the Bionic as soon as it's released, or will other devices be released soon as well? Because I'm a WebOS fanboy I haven't been following Android phones until the last couple days. I've been reading good things about the Galaxy S II and the Nexus Prime, but I don't know if they are coming to Verizon and if so if anyone knows when they will be available. I just wish the Bionic has a keyboard and NFC...

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The question is how good is the 4G coverage.... I live near not in LTE coverage. For me the best fit is HTC Thunderbolt as it's the only phone on VZW that can do simultaneous voice and 3G data. At this point not even sure the HTC Vigor will have that and based on rumors it's replacing TBolt in stores in Oct. Dev support and community support for TBolt is outstanding. Don't like stock root it. Can't find a ROM you like, build your own. I know Bionic is promising a lot, but it might not live up to the hype. I'm not a fan of Blur (or whatever Moto isn't calling it) and encrypted locked bootloader.

JamMasterClay

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The question is how good is the 4G coverage.... I live near not in LTE coverage. For me the best fit is HTC Thunderbolt as it's the only phone on VZW that can do simultaneous voice and 3G data. At this point not even sure the HTC Vigor will have that and based on rumors it's replacing TBolt in stores in Oct. Dev support and community support for TBolt is outstanding. Don't like stock root it. Can't find a ROM you like, build your own. I know Bionic is promising a lot, but it might not live up to the hype. I'm not a fan of Blur (or whatever Moto isn't calling it) and encrypted locked bootloader.

Any idea if the Nexus Prime will come to Verizon, and if it can do simultaneous voice/data?