Opinions sought: Annual Upgrade

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I was eligible for my last annual upgrade at the beginning of July. However, I bought a used DX so didn't feel the need to upgrade right away. Now I"m not sure what to do. It seems silly not to use my final annual upgrade. My NE2 upgrade date comes in March.

What would you do? Upgrade now or essentially forfeit the annual upgrade and wait?

What phone would you get if you were upgrading right now?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I forfeited my NE2 to use my last Annual Upgrade. My NE2 was only gonna be $50 this time, since all the reductions over the years.

-Frank

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm just thinking it seems silly to forfeit my last annual upgrade, so I should upgrade. But I don't know what to upgrade to! :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There's nothing to upgrade to as of yet. The only possible one that's still just rumored is if the nexus prime comes to vzw.
The bionic is already outdated before it's release I'm not interested in that. Been saving an upgrade since March 2011

sent using TaPaTaLk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The bionic was originally supposed to been released 5months ago.
By the time it's finally released there will be better phones out there that will make it obsolete in a very short time IMO.

Hopefully the nexus prime makes it to vzw with a schedule release of Oct.
sent using TaPaTaLk

Last edited:

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
After owning the DX and DX2 I will avoid the Bionic like the plague for 2 reasons:
- terrible pixelation on the qhd displays. Very poor quality
- Moto phones with GB have been unreliable. Neither my DX or DX2s would run for more than a day without rebooting or locking up requiring a battery pull
I'm wating the extra month for the HTC Vigor. In my opinion the Bionic is 6 month old tech and is junk.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The bionic was originally supposed to been released 5months ago.
By the time it's finally released there will be better phones out there that will make it obsolete in a very short time IMO.

Hopefully the nexus prime makes it to vzw with a schedule release of Oct.
sent using TaPaTaLk

The current phone being called the Bionic was NOT supposed to be released 5 months ago. Even the original phone codenamed Bionic wasn't supposed to have been released 5 months ago. Rumors and leaked info isn't fact and shouldn't be treated as such.

That being said, I'm also waiting for the Prime and hoping for a September or October release.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The bionic will be Verizon's first duel core LTE device. Should remain a major player for awhile and it has a great cult following. I may burn mine on it? The droid X is dated, but remains so good with awesome devs.

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I think the Bionic is still a viable option, despite some claims it's going to be outdated.

c.hack I've seen you bash Motorola and GB relentlessly on the X forums, so...I know where you stand. Frankly, your opinion seems quite biased. I've had a few of the bugs people mention on my X with the GB update but it's still a solid phone. Nothing as severe as you claim to have.

I love the X, and I'm considering rooting it but since I got the .602 update I'm not sure some of the roms are ready for that yet, so have kind of waited to see what comes out.

I just feel like I need to jump on my annual upgrade before it seems completely wasted. I'm sure some of you can relate to that.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Get what phone makes you happy is the main thing ,everybodies got an opinion most vary to different degrees.
That being said I think its a good ideal to be able to check out whatever phone you want in person for some hands on experience with whatever device you choose.

I already stated my opinion on what I am possibly going to update to but even for myself nothing is set in stone. Its what I THINK I will want to have from what I read and reviewed on so far .
I dont think you need to rush to burn you upgrade tho I dont think vzw will take that away from ya .I am not sure if they still offer the new every two tho so thats why I mentioned as to not feel pressured to "hurry and use you upgrade" til your positive on your phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay