4G SIM card question

J_5

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about buying an HTC Thunderbolt to replace my Droid X. My question is, do I need to also buy a 4G SIM card? If I buy the phone off say eBay and it does not have a 4G SIM card do I just need to buy one from Verizon?

Thanks.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Check with the nearest Verizon corporate-owned stores (not sure if authorized dealers carry them) for availability. Supposedly, you can get them online, but I never could find the location for them. Otherwise, you can call customer service and get one sent to you. To my knowledge, there's no fee for the SIM card.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The sim cards should be free, at least if you go to a corporate store. You can also get customer care to ship you one, if you care to wait, or if you do want to pay for overnight shipping (maybe a nice rep can even waive that, like I used to.)

Just to let you know, if you move from a 4G phone to a 3G phone, the LTE sim card in your 4G phone will become "retired" in VZW's system and will never work again. So, if you move back to a 4G phone, you'll need to get a new sim card. Its inconvenient, but just a heads up.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
They are free in corporate stores and from customer service. If you go to an indirect retailer you will probably have to pay for one. Like $24

Acctg_01

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Should receive my new Note 2 tomorrow. I currently have a 3G android phone with Verizon, and of course get only 3G service. When I go to a Verizon store to remove the 3G phone and activate the new Note 2, will they give me a 4G/LTE sim for the Note 2 free? I'm also wondering whether I would still be on 3G service, keeping my current plan, or whether I would actually, then, get 4G service.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Corporate Verizon store would give you a new sim free. You would get 4glte if in a 4GLTE service area

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech