Droid X2 exchange

blaineb

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

my Wife and I have had the X2 for a little over a month now.
we both have been having issues with random reboots and lock-ups.
during the first week of ownership, i had to do the factory reset.
right at the end of the 14 day return period, I attempted to return the phones, but the store manager
was not willing to do so, but at leaset she swapped out mine for a new one.

Unfortunatly, the second device is having the same issues.
I have been to a few different locations (all corporate) and none have been very helpfull.
*611 has said they would send out a refurb to me, but it bothers me greatly to get a refurb
so soon into my contract ( ie: I paid for a new phone little over a month ago, i dont like the idea of getting a replacement the possibly has the same problem).

my dilema is, I am done with the X2. I have become more and more frustrated with the deevice and VZW each time I have an issue. all I am trying to do is get a different device, or return these and reactivate our OG droids (which, for the record never gave us any problems)

Does anyone have any advice?? or am i stuck with the X2? (if so, i probably walk away from verizon, etf fees be damned.)

Thanks!

auxy

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, this isn't really a proper solution, but have you considered rooting your phone and/or installing a custom ROM, or something like that? I realize you aren't real fond of your phone, but if you're stuck with it, getting them to a more stable and/or working state might be a more cost-effective option than walking away and buying new phones and a new contract with another carrier.

I personally have an X2 and I haven't had many issues with it; certainly nothing like random reboots or lockups. I wonder if it's something to do with usage patterns?

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, why were you unable to return the devices within your buyer's remorse period? I would have more of a problem with that than anything. If you were really within your 14 day window then you should have been able to return/exchange the devices no questions asked.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately you are probably going to have to keep with until you either get one that works or they may eventually offer you a different device but that's rare now since so many people abused it in the past.

an_icon

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the INC2 it had problems, returned it 3 times for a replacement, Verizon sent me a Motorola X2, it sucked... So I called and really had to fight for a different phone, I was sent an INC 2 , which is so much better, the fixed problems with an update. I will never own another Motorola phone again. If Tech sup[port wont help you ask for a supervisor, thats what it took for me to get what I wanted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc