Why can't any manufacturer make a total package smartphone?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I wish one manufacturer would just get their Sh** together and make one smartphone that is up to the expectations of their customers or doesn't have anything that keeps you from wanting it. I have a droid X and have been very happy with it, until problems with the GB update. For the most part I love the phone, but at the time wanted a phone with frontfacing camera which was not available yet on the X.
I've been reading up on the new phones coming out with Verizon and it seems every phone has something that doesn't make it a 100% go. I was really was awaiting the Bionic and played with one at the store and was really disappointed in the screen. It had a colored hue to it that I really didn't care for. I then was really looking forward to the Galaxy Nexus from everything I was reading about a google phone. As soon as I found out about it being a Samsung Phone, I was really let down. When deciding for my first smartphone, it was between the X and the Fascinate and was leaning more towards the Fascinate. Then when I read all the problems with the GPS and not getting updates fast, I leaned toward and bought the X. Happy with that decision, because I use GPS a lot and depend on it. Plus Motorola makes a good feeling solid phone. Now I've been reading about the droid Razr and then read you can't remove the battery. I know they say you can get out of trouble with the power button and volume rocker, just seems like a stupid choice for a smartphone. I'm not due for upgrade until Aug. of 2012, so hoping some newer phones don't disappoint me then, but with the track record it doesn't look good.
My big gripe is that no manufacturer is willing to make a stellar phone with no shortcomings to it! Does anybody else feel the same way?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Also wanted to add that I'm a big apple hater. I really don't like apple or apple products. The only thing with them is the customization ability lacking. Other than that, they seem to have a good "working" phone, that has a lot of different capabilities. They don't seem to hold back on their new phones.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is... Dontcha just love capitalism and the free market? :D

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

themillers04

May 25, 2010
Visit site
So.... You haven't been following the filings against M$ by Barnes and Noble then, huh? Microsoft has apparently been controlling the Android devices being released by all manufacturers, more than likely limiting the number of features. Have no fear though cause I doubt that this is not the only reason you are unhappy with apparently every device. My other guess is that you're impossible to please. Pick a device that does what you need and does it well. Smartphone technology is very early on and needs time to evolve.

Sent from my Thunderbolt on 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Who was it that said:

"You can please some of the people all of the time
and all of the people some of the time
but never all of the people all of the time."

In this case, it appears that you're not part of "some of the people" that are being pleased "all of the time." As part of "all of the people," "some of the time" also doesnt appear to work for you. You must be in the unsaid part of "all of the people" who are not being pleased "some of the time."

I guess the bottome line is that you want everything your way. Although your demands may not be unrealistic to acheive, it's probably unrealistic to expect that everyone else knows what you want, is willing to pay for the things that you want or that manufacturers and other consumers have to accomodate your expectations.

I will be the first to say that the current technology needs improvement. However, I also know that a perfect product will be a different item to different people. In your case, your perfect product isn't being made, just like my perfect product isn't being produced. In my case, I want a 10" screen on a phone that's only 4" big. I also want a quad core processor running at 10 GHz with a weight no heavier than a robin's feather. Furthermore, I want this at no cost to me and attached to an unlimited data plan without a carrier commitment.

Do I have all of this? Certainly not, but I have at least a couple of the things I listed. For now, it's sufficient. When the time comes that I'm able to get closer to my "perfect" product, I will gladly leave the less competative product and servicer behind. It's all about competition.

Good luck finding what you want. However, it appears that a compromise will be a necessary part of your life for quite awhile.

mstorox

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
+1 rvhighway. While it isn't perfect, I think my rezound has just about every feature that I could realistically want in a smartphone.