Verizon wants to keep me around, but I've decided

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
So over the last 5 days I've been getting a call from the same 1-866-XXX-XXXX number. At least once a day, sometimes twice. I haven't answered it because I don't like answering if I don't know who the caller ID is. So I just got a call from the same number just a few minutes ago. I decided to answer... and who is it?

A woman rep from Verizon. She noticed that my line is eligible for upgrade (has been since July) and wanted to see what phones I was interested in. She asked if I was still interested in the "Droids" or the iPhone. I said I'm currently shopping for an Android phone. She then proceeded to inform me about the Droid RAZR and that with my discount I could get it for only $269.99. (That's all? :-\) She then continued to review my account for me, reading off my voice, text, and data plan. Like I don't know. :) She then read off my average peak minute usage per month... and then proceeded to offer me something I had no idea Verizon had. She called it "500 overage protection minutes" and said they roll over each month and I would only have to renew a 1 year contract to get these. She then did say this wasn't available in stores, only through her. I politely declined it. I also thanked her politely for all the information but that I wasn't ready to upgrade today.

Little does she know I've already made up my mind. I'm switching to AT&T for the white GS2 Skyrocket that comes out this Sunday the 4th. I'm guessing I might get a call from Verizon after I leave asking why I did so. Got the same call from Sprint when I left them for Verizon. However it will be a pleasant call with Verizon versus Sprint's because their coverage was terrible at the time in PA.

I'll tell Verizon I switched because AT&T had a phone I was more interested in than their lineup. I've had excellent voice/data coverage with VZW but AT&T's coverage is just as good around here and their plan features are more incentive. The latest brochure I picked up not only offers their rollover minutes and Unlimited M2M with AT&T customers, but also Unlimited M2M with any mobile number on any network! That's the clincher for me! I'll leave VZW with no bad feelings, just wanting to try the other side of the fence. :)

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Who uses all their minutes? I never even get close, but my text and data is high. That's why I have unlimited both.

I'll take Verizon customer service and cell service over AT&T any day.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Who uses all their minutes? I never even get close, but my text and data is high. That's why I have unlimited both.

I'll take Verizon customer service and cell service over AT&T any day.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Sharing 700 minutes with 5 people, might come close? :)

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Well that's what I'm currently doing. 700 minutes with 5 people...we're pretty good about our minutes. Mostly just texting or using Google Voice (data) to dial to save minutes.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
It's better to have more minutes than you need than not enough! Am i right? We all know how much you can get charged for overage.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Ugh I'm on the fence again. The more I've thought about it lately, I know I don't want to lose my grandfathered UL data on Verizon. And I can't complain about VZW's coverage, it's excellent everywhere I go. I like the Nexus, only beef I've had with it was no SD card but if it has 32GB internal and they don't take too much of it from the consumer for other phone operations, then I can live with it.

Ugh, think I'm gonna wait till Nexus comes out this week, go check it out in store and then decide.

Maybe you haven't lost me Verizon.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon