Will Verizon move towards "Any Mobile"?

Will Verizon get Any Mobile?

• Total voters

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
So I recently came over from Sprint which notoriously pioneered a plan feature called "Any Mobile" which allowed you to call any mobile network for free without using your minutes. This was extremely useful sharing a family plan with 5 lines.
http://shop2.sprint.com/en/stores/popups/everything_popup.shtml

I just recently learned from another post that AT&T also adopted this feature.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...t/error404.html?solId=KB116693&token=VhlZs1H9

Will Verizon eventually make the move to stay "competitive"?

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon does offer "Mobile To Any Mobile" plans where calling any mobile is free and the landline calls take up your anytime minutes. However, this offer is only available in select markets across the U.S, I know its available in Houston, Texas where I live. Its not publicly advertised and you won't find it on their website.

You'll have to call up customer service or visit a local store and ask them in which markets these plans are available. I know that for $64.99, you get 450 anytime minutes and then unlimited talk and text to any mobile for a single-line plan. Data would be an extra paid feature on top of that. For family plans, I am not sure since I am not in one.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
All of the major carriers copy eachother. They copied My Fav's (Friends and Family) from TMobile, as did AT&T (A List) before they ditched it for the better Any Mobile.

Yes I think they will get around to it, probably early next year sometime.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I sure hope so! I love this feature, and it's almost tempting enough to leave for another carrier for it. I know, not smart to leave just for that feature. If Verizon does add it, will it be available to current customers within a contract or only to new customers? How would that work?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I have my circle or what ever its called. I have 5 maybe 10 numbers I add to it and no matter the number it doesn't count against your minutes. Its handy for teenagers. So to answer vzw already has this feature.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I have my circle or what ever its called. I have 5 maybe 10 numbers I add to it and no matter the number it doesn't count against your minutes. Its handy for teenagers. So to answer vzw already has this feature.

Not quite the same feature...

Reactions: TvTechGuru

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

That's Friends and Family, and not quite the same thing. F&F can be 5 (or 10 with a family plan) numbers mobile or landmine which don't count toward your minute allowance. With Unlimited Any Mobile (which AT&T includes in their unlimited messaging plan) makes any calls to or from any cel phone on any (domestic) carrier not count toward your minute allowance.

Both have their advantages but honestly everyone I talk to who has this now has less than half an hour of billable minutes on their phones now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38