HTC or Motorola?

adamw412

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am due for an upgrade soon and I am having a hard time deciding which phone I should get. I have narrowed it down to the HTC Incredible 2 or the Motorola Droid X2. I watched several videos and read several articles on both phones, and comparing both phones, but I still can't decide. I am leaning towards the HTC right now because of the front facing camera and the overall look, but the Motorola has that dual core processor, better battery life, HMDI output, and slightly faster experience. That, and I have had several Motorola phones, and haven't been super impressed with any of them so far. Any opinions out there?

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
i like the feel of moto phones in my hand, i went from a mytouch 3g to a droid x to a bionic and i can tell you that the moto phones feel more sturdy and well built. i have a rezound on my account and ive played with it a little...just feels kinda chinsey compared to the bionic.

adamw412

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Update:

Decided to go with a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, non of the two options I asked about in my original list :eek:. Should arrive tomorrow in the mail. Went with the sony for a couple of reasons: it's running gingerbread, it was free on the website and the phone rep matched the price, it is one of the higher rated phones from the Verizon website, and the rep I was talking to on the phone allowed me to upgrade a month early and waived the overnight shipping fee. I am not huge gamer per se, but I do like to play some. Mainly got the sony because I have owned a few sony ericsson phones in the past and they have never let me down in the area of signal or call clarity.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I like my Droid x2 but then again, its my first Android phone. All I know is that if you are rooting your phone and want a bigger choice of ROMS and MODS, go with HTC. The Droid X2 bootloader is locked leaving a lot of stuff unavailable to us such as Cyanogenmod. :(

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Update:

Decided to go with a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, non of the two options I asked about in my original list :eek:. Should arrive tomorrow in the mail. Went with the sony for a couple of reasons: it's running gingerbread, it was free on the website and the phone rep matched the price, it is one of the higher rated phones from the Verizon website, and the rep I was talking to on the phone allowed me to upgrade a month early and waived the overnight shipping fee. I am not huge gamer per se, but I do like to play some. Mainly got the sony because I have owned a few sony ericsson phones in the past and they have never let me down in the area of signal or call clarity.

ew...im sorry

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Update:

I am very sorry you decided to get the XPERIA PLAY. It is one of the worst phones I have seen lately (which is why its been discontinued). It freezes, drops calls like crazy and gives problems aplenty. I work for VZW, and about 70% of the ones we sell come back. They are crap.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola hardware is more solid and the cellular radio better but you mentioned the front facing camera and if you are into Facebook and/or Twitter the DInc2 may be better.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have both the DInc2 and DX2 in the family:
Pros for DX2:
- much much stronger signal
- larger screen
- feels more solid
- screen is brighter - better outdoor use
- Dual core (but does not feel any faster than DInc2)
Pros for DInc2
- Better camera & front camera
- DX2 bootloader is locked
- Higher quality screen (DX2 screen is a pentile and pixelated)
- More compact
- I believe it has 768 MB RAM vs 512 for DX2

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
HTC phones are the best

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Love the software, build, build and design, but the cellular radios leave a lot to be desired (that's coming from my experience with Droid Incredible, Thunderbolt, and Inspire. Rezound and Vivid seem better to me though.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown