Problems calling att numbers

SignMachinist

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My brother in law owns a towing company and has seven iphone from att. He's been having trouble receiving calls from Verizon lines. Does anyone know if this is a Verizon issue or att?

I have Verizon and can get a call from him fine but when I call him it doesn't ring it immediately connects and then eventually says call was lost.

He fears he is losing out on a lot of business because of this issue and we're trying to figure out if it's something for att to fix or Verizon.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I know that one of the biggest complaints iPhone owners have had is poor reception on AT&T. Also, are they newer iPhones or outdated models? I'm inclined to say the problem is at AT&T's end.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk and Swype, so please forgive any spelling errors.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon and can get a call from him fine but when I call him it doesn't ring it immediately connects and then eventually says call was lost.

Does this happen every time? Or, frequently enough that you could test it? If so, try calling him from another Verizon phone, an AT&T phone and a land line. If you get the same results, regardless of what type of phone you are using, then, the problem is clearly on the AT&T/iPhone end.

SignMachinist

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The problem only occurs when calling one of his phones from a Verizon phone. We've tried different lines and Verizon accounts all together with the same results. Att claims there are no problems on there end. I haven't talked to Verizon yet.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, just reread your initial post. Didn't realize that you said specifically Verizon.

You said they have several iPhones, right? Does the problem occur on each phone? If it's just one of the phones, could be a hardware issue. You could try bringing it into the store and showing them what happens.

And, it couldn't hurt to call Verizon and see if they have had any other complaints. You'll probably get the same answer AT&T gave you though, hehe.

SignMachinist

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just tried calling verizon and they are experiencing unusually high call volumes. I don't feel like waiting right now.

I just talked to some coworkers who had the same issue with completely different verizon phones. The only common denominators are the iphone and att.

So it much be a network issue either on verizon side or att. Or an iphone issue.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, my buddy has an iPhone on AT&T. I'll see if I can reach him. Don't usually call him. I'll let you know what happens.

You said they have several iPhones, right? Does the problem occur on each phone? If it's just one of the phones, could be a hardware issue. You could try bringing it into the store and showing them what happens.

Also, what about this? If it's on multiple phones, I'd say it's an AT&T issue. If it's just the 4s and not the 3gs then it's a phone issue probably, ya know?

SignMachinist

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well if found someone with a Verizon iphone and he's experiencing the same issue calling sprint iphones. I'm not sure if that rules it out as an iphone issue though.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well if found someone with a Verizon iphone and he's experiencing the same issue calling sprint iphones. I'm not sure if that rules it out as an iphone issue though.

Doh, I forgot to try and call my buddy when I saw them yesterday. I'll try and remember today, haha.

Okay, so, now you know someone with a Verizon iPhone that is having the issue, only in reverse? It doesn't sound like it rules it out as an iPhone issue, in fact, it makes it sounds even more like an iPhone issue.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The verizon iphone can't call the att iphone. The same thing happens when I call from my Thunderbolt.

In both scenarios, the element that remains the same is the receiving iPhone. Sprint iPhone, AT&T iPhone, both have trouble receiving calls. Sounds like the problem is the iPhone, ya know?