Nationwide Network Outage...

Soul TKR

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to report... Was having problems connecting to the Mobile Network...

PSA: Verizon users reporting data outages across the US -- Engadget

PSA: Verizon users reporting data outages across the US

By Amar Toor posted Dec 21st 2011 5:00AM

If you're having trouble getting a data connection on your Verizon-branded handset this morning, you're not alone. We've been receiving a bevy of tips from disgruntled Verizon customers, due to an apparently widespread outage across the carrier's mobile data network. Based on what we're seeing on Verizon's @vzwsupport Twitter feed and forums (linked below), it looks as if both 3G and 4G networks have been affected. We tested some handsets in the San Francisco area, and can confirm that data connections are indeed down at the moment. We've reached out to Verizon for comment, and will let you know as soon as we hear more.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Not really surprised, because when I had 3G (I'm not in an LTE community), I was getting 1x speeds. Then, the device went to 1x. Now I know I'm not alone.

daThomas#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any experience asking for a month's refund on data from Verizon? This is like the third fracking time this has happened. :mad:

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any experience asking for a month's refund on data from Verizon? This is like the third fracking time this has happened. :mad:

I highly doubt they would refund a full month, but I'm sure they would prorate the days you were without data.

jtlapp69

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Both 4G and 3G went down at my home in Austin, Texas, around 10:10pm tonight (Wednesday). I thought we were done with this. I can't send or receive MMS images with it down.

Edit: It went back up again around 10:30pm.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta