Store Reps

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to vent about what I overheard a store rep telling someone at a Verizon Corporate Store...

I heard the woman ask what the difference between Android and iOS was (well...she said iPhone but whatever). His explanation was that Android was "open source" (because I'm sure that's something this person understands) but that because of this reason it's "more buggy and prone to viruses."

Wtf?! Forgive me, but I thought Verizon was in bed with Google. Not to mention that the virus statement is plain wrong, especially for this person who I doubt will be installing rogue non-market apk's. Second, while I have indeed experienced bugs with Android (and my GNexus in particular), I've certainly also experienced bugs on my iPhone and iPad.

Needless to say, I watched the woman proceed to buy an iPhone. Who knows, maybe that phone is best for her. Still though, it's shocking that a store rep would refer to more than half their lineup as buggy and virus-laden.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I was in a corp store yesterday and actually overheard a customer explain to a rep that you can do voice and data at the same time over 3g with the Thunderbolt! I thought that was supposed to be one of the big selling points of that phone and is actually one of the big reasons I decided to get one myself. Of course this is the same store that manage to de-activate my wife's droid x when I clearly explained to them that the razr I was buying was a Christmas present for her so therefore I needed her phone to still be active until she gets her new one for Christmas......

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It is my belief that most store sales reps (i.e. over 50 percent) have been "paying attention" to the technology behind "cell phones" for 3-8 months, max. There is no way they can compete with old farts on this board (yeah, me too) who've been paying attention for 10+ years. Just the facts. Too bad, though.

-Frank

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
It is my belief that most store sales reps (i.e. over 50 percent) have been "paying attention" to the technology behind "cell phones" for 3-8 months, max. There is no way they can compete with old farts on this board (yeah, me too) who've been paying attention for 10+ years. Just the facts. Too bad, though.

-Frank

Who you calling old, I'm not even outta college yet;) Still, it's sad that they aren't expected to know at least something (helpful and correct) about the inevitable Android vs iOS question. Especially when sites like AC exist:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis