Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Unobtanium
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

198 Posts
    Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Default Family Plan Upgrade Question

Hey all. I am the second line on our Family Plan (my wife is primary). Our upgrade was this past July and she got an iPhone 4, however, I have not yet upgraded. My question is, when she is eligible for an upgrade, do I upgrade as well or do I have my own upgrade date? I was always under the impression when the Primary line upgrades the rest of the lines on the family plan upgrades on the same date. Example: Primary line upgrade date is Feb. 2013, once I upgrade (maybe this week) will I be able to upgrade Feb. 2013 as well or will I my upgrade date be different since I waited to upgrade? Can anyone help me out?

522 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Default Re: Family Plan Upgrade Question

Your upgrade date may be different. Go onto the full Verizon site, log in to the account, then you should be able to see a pull-down that will show the number associated with your phone. Your upgrade date should be there.
    FrankXS likes this.

Default Re: Family Plan Upgrade Question

Yeah, each device has its own upgrade date. I recently added a second line to have an upgrade available annually (and to try out the Windows Phone OS, which incidentally I really, really like), and the upgrade date for my Motorola Droid 2 is in September 2012, while the upgrade date for my HTC Trophy is in September 2013.

As stated upgrade dates can be different. If you got the service on the same day then they would be the same.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk