My Solution to Verizon's $2.00 payment charge

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I, like many of you, aren't very happy about the fee Verizon is going to start implementing if you don't pay the way they want you to pay. I've paid online since I became a Verizon customer 4 years ago and I will succumb to this and do auto pay or deduct from my checking to avoid their $2.00 charge.

But in the meantime, I'm switching from paperless (which I've done for 4 years) to paper billing. They offer no discount for the fact that I am saving them money by them not having to use the USPS to mail me a paper bill every month but they are going to sanction the way I pay if I want to pay them online.

If you want to join it's pretty simple.

1. My Verizon
2. My Bill
3. on the right side "I Want To..." --> Manage Paperless billing
4. Switch to Paper Billing

It most likely want hurt them at all, but at least I can feel like I'm striking back at them, despite the fact that this is the less environmentally friendly way. I can always recycle :D

Reactions: bill98

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
This is ridiculous. A friend emailed me about it. So if we pay by check there is no fee?
I do get a paper bill sent to me. Easier to catch an error that way!
I hate auto pay and being forced to do something.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Verizon officially announced a reversal the same day. My guess is it had to do with a federal investigation and not listening to customers.