Reliable Phone for Hotspot?

lobridge

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a Droid X on Verizon and use it as a mobile hotspot with terrible result. It is very unreliable and I am wondering if another phone would do a better job or if I should find an alternative method for internet. I looked in the forums but couldn't find a good answer. Thanks in advance...

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid X on Verizon and use it as a mobile hotspot with terrible result. It is very unreliable and I am wondering if another phone would do a better job or if I should find an alternative method for internet. I looked in the forums but couldn't find a good answer. Thanks in advance...
My Thunderbolt works great for me using the VZW Mobile Hotspot app.

-Frank

meballard

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I can't speak to the reliability on specific phones (other than my rooted Thunderbolt which after recent radio updates is very stable), but if you need/want hotspot capabilities on a regular basis, a 4G phone would generally be a much better bet if you are in a 4G coverage area.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Rezound is pretty good although I'm not sure how hot it will get if you leave the hotspot on 24/7. That's probably the only concern.

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I have had excellent results with my Thunderbolt as long as it is in a reasonably good signal area. Have used it both 3G and 4G with really no problems to speak of. Not rooted using the VZW MHS app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc