Double Data and Droid 4

halltj2

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are looking to get a new account with Verizon. I was holding off for the Galaxy Nexus and trying to hold off for the Droid 4 for her, as the keyboard is a must for her. I want to take advantage of the double data promotion, but saw a commercial yesterday that said the double data promo ends Jan 15th and everything I've seen has the Droid 4 arriving in Feb at the earliest.

So, is there any way I can get the Nexus and say the Stratosphere before Jan 15th to get the double data and then once the Droid 4 comes out, swap out the Stratosphere for the Droid 4, short of paying the $700 or so rate for the Droid 4?

I hope what I'm asking makes sense. Thanks for any assistance.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
As long as you are locked into the data plan before it expires, you will be able to use it with another 4G phone. Remember, all you have to do is swap SAM cards.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Your best bet I think...is to sign up for a plan right now and hold onto it or keep it new in box and resell your phone and buy the Droid 4 full retail when it comes out.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Has she used an Android phone before or is she coming from a Blackberry or something similar? Because I came from a Blackberry and I thought a keyboard was a must too and bought a Droid 2. But after a few weeks of using Swiftkey X I hardly ever type on the keyboard anymore. Picking out words is so much faster than typing them.

What you might want to do is get her a regular Android phone, set it up with Swiftkey X and see if she still wants a keyboard by the end of the return period. If she does, then return it for the D3 or D4 if it's out. Or, sell it and buy the D4 as Cares mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03