Want a Tablet but don't want to pay 50.00$ a month!?

ILL REPUTE

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Hows it going guys, figured I would share a bit of my knowledge from working in wireless for 2 years for obvious reasons I am not gonna say where, but you know what section you're in ;)

anyway here is a cool way to get a tablet for 9.99 a month on your plan

Requirements:
If you have a family plan and don't have more than 5 lines

1.add a line to your plan to get the tablet from a store of your choice
2.purchase tablet at the activation price
3.wait a month( you will have to pay for the first month of use)
4.Call 611 or visit any premium retailer and bring a old feature (no data plan) phone, tell them you want use the number thats tied to your tablet(all Mobile broadband and Tablets have individual numbers tied to them)on your feature phone.
5.This should work very easily

By doing this it will remove the data plan on the tablet and restore the line back to a 9.99 add a line
you wont have data on your tablet obviously, but it will work on wi-fi, and if you have a rooted phone that allows it to be a mobile hotspot your set!

Last edited:

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget that you'd be then paying $10 a month, plus tax. You're financing it at that point, and most of the time, you can get a tablet for less than the purchase price + ($240 + tax). At at&t, the Galaxy Tab 8.9 is $479 with a contract, then you'd pay a total of $240 in monthly fees over the course of two years. For less than that, you could buy a WiFi only Galaxy Tab 8.9. Done.

ILL REPUTE

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget that you'd be then paying $10 a month, plus tax. You're financing it at that point, and most of the time, you can get a tablet for less than the purchase price + ($240 + tax). At at&t, the Galaxy Tab 8.9 is $479 with a contract, then you'd pay a total of $240 in monthly fees over the course of two years. For less than that, you could buy a WiFi only Galaxy Tab 8.9. Done.

Great Points Sir, but lets try another device, i.e. The Galaxy Tab 10.1
My store had the 16GB Tablet, for $199.99 full retail is $529.99 before taxes you save $100.00, now I would hope you wouldn't run out and get the XYBOARD since on a new 2 year its $629.99 and $799.99 with no contract, So i guess this should only apply to tablets that are on sale or reaching EOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech