Another one of those phone selection HELP threads...

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
We'll be moving to Verizon within a week or two from AT&T.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S II that I happen to like.

I would like to go with a large screen phone. The larger the better, so I was looking at the Nexus or the Razr Maxx. On paper, they seem to be almost the same. The on-screen buttons of the Nexus take away from the "extra" screen space leaving it about the same effective screen size as the Razr.
Is the Nexus screen better (in resolution) than the Razr?

Any thoughts to push me one way or the other?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
We'll be moving to Verizon within a week or two from AT&T.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S II that I happen to like.

I would like to go with a large screen phone. The larger the better, so I was looking at the Nexus or the Razr Maxx. On paper, they seem to be almost the same. The on-screen buttons of the Nexus take away from the "extra" screen space leaving it about the same effective screen size as the Razr.
Is the Nexus screen better (in resolution) than the Razr?

Any thoughts to push me one way or the other?
If I were buying a phone (and contract) right now, I would go with either the Razr Maxx or the Rezound. Don't know about the compared screen resolution but it should be in the specs on-line. The Nexus, up to now, has more than its share of issues if you ask me. Among them, simple connectivity, both data and voice.

-Frank

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If I were buying a phone (and contract) right now, I would go with either the Razr Maxx or the Rezound. Don't know about the compared screen resolution but it should be in the specs on-line. The Nexus, up to now, has more than its share of issues if you ask me. Among them, simple connectivity, both data and voice.

-Frank

Completely agree. Cant go wrong with the Rezound or Max. LG Spectrum may also be worth a look to you but i personally think it is a step down from these two.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I've been reading up a bit and, bummer, yeah, I see that the Nexus has some issues with volume, reception and battery. Think any of these things can be addressed with improved software or is it the hardware (aside from the battery)...?
I don't want to be too swayed by the inclusion of ICS as I think all of these phones mentioned will have it by summer.
I'll check out the LG too.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
OK! I just ordered a GN for myself and a Droid RAZR in purple for my wife. Kinda get the best of both worlds this way... :)
I wanted to get her the Maxx, but Amazonwireless was out of stock. The RAZR went from $34.99 yesterday to $69.99 today! Kind of a bummer... But I think it had something to do with yesterday being March 31st and today being April 1st. I think it's still a good deal though.
Anyway, they should be here on the 4th... Ooooh, I hate to wait, but I got the GN for $99, so I suppose it is worth it!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
OK! I just ordered a GN for myself and a Droid RAZR in purple for my wife. Kinda get the best of both worlds this way... :)
I wanted to get her the Maxx, but Amazonwireless was out of stock. The RAZR went from $34.99 yesterday to $69.99 today! Kind of a bummer... But I think it had something to do with yesterday being March 31st and today being April 1st. I think it's still a good deal though.
Anyway, they should be here on the 4th... Ooooh, I hate to wait, but I got the GN for $99, so I suppose it is worth it!

Good Luck!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance