Anything new on the horrizon for Verizon?

RyanGS

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I see all these new devices coming out for AT&T and Sprint but the Verizon front has seemed pretty, well, dull lately. I have the Incredible right now and havent seen anything really "great" come out for Verizon as of late.

I dont want to change providers as I had my AT&T go around a while back and the service was BAD. All my friends on Sprint are indifferent about the coverage there as well. Yet both companies seem to have the superior devices.

Anyone have any great stories about their new Verizon devices? Is it time to jump ship for a better phone and suffer on the coverage front? Any leaks about a new super phone coming to Verizon?

patstock11

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I see all these new devices coming out for AT&T and Sprint but the Verizon front has seemed pretty, well, dull lately. I have the Incredible right now and havent seen anything really "great" come out for Verizon as of late.

I dont want to change providers as I had my AT&T go around a while back and the service was BAD. All my friends on Sprint are indifferent about the coverage there as well. Yet both companies seem to have the superior devices.

Anyone have any great stories about their new Verizon devices? Is it time to jump ship for a better phone and suffer on the coverage front? Any leaks about a new super phone coming to Verizon?

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

Root your Inc and flash CM7 on it, if you haven't already. I wish I would have kept my Inc and NOT "upgraded" to the Bionic.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would rather have good service then a new super phone. I pay every month for my service, so that's what I'm looking for. If you need a new super, great sleek phone, then bounce.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a DInc myself and have the upgrade burning a hole in my pocket. I was going to jump onto the Nexus bandwagon, but with the HTC One X I am holding off. Verizon is bound to get its own flavor of the One X just like Sprint got the EVO 4G LTE (almost a mirror of the One X). Give it a few weeks, I'm sure Big Red was just letting everyone else make their announcements first so they could get the last word in.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as OP. I have a DX2 running Eclipse, but it's time for me to move on and I get my upgrade next month. I definetly want something with an unlocked bootloader and wouldn't mind trying out an HTC device.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Lets see galaxy 3 this fall a new droid fighter soon incredible HD soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

dapercy

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
how soon is incredible HD. That has to be the verizon one X right?

I think it is a mistake for HTC to rebrand for each carrier. Even average cell phone users know what a galaxy 2 is because it is available on most networks. One X won't be in as high of demand if one Joe has the 1X the next Joe the EvoLTE and the last Joe the Dinc HD. Too much fragmentation is a very bad thing for business as GM can tell you.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
how soon is incredible HD. That has to be the verizon one X right?

I think it is a mistake for HTC to rebrand for each carrier. Even average cell phone users know what a galaxy 2 is because it is available on most networks. One X won't be in as high of demand if one Joe has the 1X the next Joe the EvoLTE and the last Joe the Dinc HD. Too much fragmentation is a very bad thing for business as GM can tell you.

Rumors are the next incredible device is more comparable to the HTC One S rather than the One X. Personally, I prefer HTC devices over any other Android OEMs but I need VZW to come out with one comparable to the One X. One S is not going to cut it for me.

Also to the OP, this happens in cycles to all carriers. Just think a couple months ago when Verizon had the Razr, Rezound, Droid 4 and Nexus and the other carriers really didn't have many new things. So sure, it may seem like nothing's going on right now, but users of other carriers were saying the same thing when VZW was coming out with all those devices. I'm sorry, it's just not realistic to expect any carrier to keep up with that kind of pace. Having said that, I do hope they have another high end HTC device by June.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Do all HTC devices have unlocked bootloaders?

Is Motorola unlocking the bootloaders on their more recent devices?

Just curious if the Fighter will be unlocked or not. Every device have had prior has been locked and I feel like I can't take full advantage of them.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
There's not a phone that carriers have that compares to the Razr Maxx. The build quality and battery life alone makes it the phone to beat.

Honestly., I'm quite sick of all these manufacturers coming out with more cores and better screens when the focus should be on battery life and build quality. They should start concentrating on their current phones and getting them up to date with ics.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
There's not a phone that carriers have that compares to the Razr Maxx. The build quality and battery life alone makes it the phone to beat.

Honestly., I'm quite sick of all these manufacturers coming out with more cores and better screens when the focus should be on battery life and build quality. They should start concentrating on their current phones and getting them up to date with ics.

I agree with you.... but unfortunately, I can't stand any phone that doesn't allow owners to swap out batteries. :)

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you.... but unfortunately, I can't stand any phone that doesn't allow owners to swap out batteries. :)

I agree with you, I don't like that either...... But, because of the non-removable battery Moto was able to put in a much larger battery and still keep the phone size down..... what makes me mad is when they put a they put in a non-removable battery that less that 2500mAh, no excuse for that!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt