It's no wonder some people hate their phone.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So I went to the Verizon store today to get an extended battery. A woman in front of me was talking to the sales rep about a new phone. I want either a razor,a razor maxx or an I phone she says.
Then she asks the salesperson what she has.
I have the razor I really like it it has great battery life and a great screen.
Ok, that's the one I want.
All those phones on display and set up for use, and she didn't even look at them.
I also feel the salesperson is at great fault for not taking the time to show her the phones and let her try them. It's not like they were busy ,2 people in the store and 4 sales people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Haha its funny you say that cause I went in to return a rezou.d so I could get it cheaper on line and the salesman was telling me I needed a tablet not a phone.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I imagine this woman is not going to be doing anything intensive with her device, so to be fair the RAZR is probably more than enough for her. I don't expect smartphone salespeople to have the same device preferences and interests as me just as I don't expect the salespeople at Gamestop to have the same taste in video games as I.

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I know the feeling...I was rushed into a phone when the 4gb data sale came out. I was encouraged to make a split decision on my first smartphone before the "sale ended". I went with the droid charge (which I didn't know was already outdated). I do love the UI of my Charge but Im update hungry!!!!! Now I really think the iphone V will be the cats meow. Who knows all phones have issues and are outdated when they hit the shelves.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My thing is, it's a choice. A sales person might lead you in a certain direction but ultimately you're the one swiping a card or dropping the cash. It kind of drives me crazy when customers come into my store saying they were tricked into buying something...ask questions, read reviews, do your homework, and take some personal responsibility. I know there are those sales associates that really just sell one or two phones (I've worked with a couple myself), but customers should still do their due diligence and at least spend some time with several phones before making a decision.

Just my $.02.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My thing is, it's a choice. A sales person might lead you in a certain direction but ultimately you're the one swiping a card or dropping the cash. It kind of drives me crazy when customers come into my store saying they were tricked into buying something...ask questions, read reviews, do your homework, and take some personal responsibility. I know there are those sales associates that really just sell one or two phones (I've worked with a couple myself), but customers should still do their due diligence and at least spend some time with several phones before making a decision.

Just my $.02.

I agree wholeheartedly that the consumer needs to do their research.
I just felt the sales person should have encouraged the customer to at least look at the phones. It was like she was just trying to get the sale done as fast as possible with the least amount of time and effort.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So I went to the Verizon store today to get an extended battery. A woman in front of me was talking to the sales rep about a new phone. I want either a razor,a razor maxx or an I phone she says.
Then she asks the salesperson what she has.
I have the razor I really like it it has great battery life and a great screen.
Ok, that's the one I want.
All those phones on display and set up for use, and she didn't even look at them.
I also feel the salesperson is at great fault for not taking the time to show her the phones and let her try them. It's not like they were busy ,2 people in the store and 4 sales people.

But at the end of the day, it's the customer who makes the final decision. Nothing more I hate then hearing "so and so said it's the right phone for me"......you're the only one that truly knows that.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. I got a lot of weird looks when I was talking about getting the gnex. None if my friends even read sites close to this so they buy what everyone else has or what the see in TV. I was told to get the Max, rezound, Droid 3-4 and the iPhone. But I knew what I wanted and the Verizon sales person didn't even question me when I bought it. He actually was surprised I knew what I wanted and it wasn't an iPhone.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't hate my phone, I just hate Verizon and their smug, arrogant and incompetent sales and customer support people. Oh, and did I mention their network coverage is nowhere near what they advertise on their coverage maps?

byoung1989

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue when I bought my phone in November from Sprint. I had begun doing some research on what device I wanted. I knew I didn't want an iPhone and either wanted to get the GS2 or Razr. I walk into the store, sales associate acknowledges me so I ask her some questions about the GS2. All she could tell me was that it wasn't on sale, she can give me a 10% off personal discount and that if I'm a new customer (which I was) I would get a discount off accessories. Didn't know anything about the phone or how it worked. So, I promptly left the store and continued my search online.

Good thing I did too. When Amazon was running it's "penny pincher sale" I grabbed the GSII from Sprint on a new plan for $0.01. Shipping and activation fee were all free as well. I pay $80 for the everything plan (400 mins, unlim. txts and data). Thank god for student discount service plans. :D