AT&T LTE in an area with a crowd

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a taste of Verizon LTE the other day and it was great. I have a AT&T and the HSPA+ speed is nice, but when I have horrible data speeds, even with 4 or 5 bars, when I am in an area with a large crowd. I was driving by the Buffalo Bills stadium during a game and I had no data, my friend who has ATT says that his data does not work when he is at a Sabres game. When I drive by a large shopping mall I lose my data (I can't get twitter to download new tweets). I was at a swim meet, had 5 bars and the crowd was only 200-300 people and my data crawled.

Are there any Verizon user's with LTE who can verify that they still have great data speeds in area's with a large crowd (sporting events, etc).

Are there any AT&T usuer's with LTE who can very that their data speeds are better in an area with a large crowd than with HSPA+?

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I was at a Bulls game last month and I didn't notice any letdown with Verizon LTE at all. There was easily 20,000 people at the United Center that night.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Good to read the person I share an office with says the guy he shares season tickets with at Sabre's game has no problem running his Sabre's app at the games

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been to the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte and the Amway Arena in Orlando (NBA fan) and had no data issues, even inside the arenas.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was at a Bulls game last month and I didn't notice any letdown with Verizon LTE at all. There was easily 20,000 people at the United Center that night.

Same here. I was at a Bulls game back in January. I had no trouble sharing pictures with my friends and family via Facebook on my LTE DROID Bionic.

Last edited:

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was at a Cleveland Browns game last fall and I couldnt run any data. My buddy on his iphone through AT&T couldn't either.

I talked to a friend of mine who works for an NFL team running their IT department and (at least at NFL games) that is a common problem. They system cannot handle the number of users that swarms into a small area. Currently they are testing a new wifi system that is designed to handle 80000+ people packed into a stadium. They are going to be the first ones to test it and if it works expect others to follow suit. Until than you will have to deal with limited to no data.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I can also say I had a great experience with LTE connectivity at the Honda Center in Anaheim during a WWE RAW event and at the Anaheim Convention during WonderCon.

One place I have horrible Verizon LTE coverage is Disneyland, once we get into the park.

Last edited:

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This was before LTE, but I stayed at a hotel across from the Anaheim Convention Center (Marriott?), and inside the hotel conference center had ZERO Verizon coverage, no voice, no 1X or 3G and in the guest room it was spotty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc