4g outage in Arizona?

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
i'm in phoenix, az. my phone SGN is connected to 4g with 1 bar. I can't browse any site on the mobile phone when it is connected to 4g but can when i make it use 3g.

anyone else having this issue?

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i'm in phoenix, az. my phone SGN is connected to 4g with 1 bar. I can't browse any site on the mobile phone when it is connected to 4g but can when i make it use 3g.

Your "bar" is voice only, not your 4G/3G signal strength. If your phone is showing the 4G/LTE logo indicator, then 4G is up and running.

I ran into a similar issue awhile back (Atlanta area), and I am wondering if it's a form of throttling. I had used over 3GB of data that month. I could not get to several websites on LTE, but could on WiFi and 3G. I ran speedtests and was still getting LTE speeds on the tests. I installed Opera Mini, and could get to the sites on 4G. The issue went away at the start of my next billing cycle.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I'd recommend calling VZW and asking about an outage in your area. That should eliminate at least one variable. As someone else mentioned, there is no 4G signal strength indicator on VZW phones. The bars you see are for the voice signal only. I doubt your 4G is "down". However, 1 bar does kinda indicate you are in a very weak signal area, no matter what. So, I would expect some anomolies while operating with 1 bar. In both voice and data.

If you haven't already, you really should go through some of the 4G troubleshooting methods within this forum to see if you can "repair" your phone. Starting with a simple power off > battery pull > wait 2 minutes > reinsert battery and restart.

-Frank

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835