Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wacktool
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Default Free Network Extender?

Anyone know if its possible to get Verizon to send you a Network Extender? My sister-in-law is on my plan with my wife & I and she has horrible Verizon signal at her house. My brother-in-law's AT&T iPhone 4 is fine but anyone w/ a Verizon phone is SOL. My wife babysits for them twice a week and if she's out there we can bairly talk on the phone because her signal is so bad. Phone has to be connected to their WiFi as well or the battery drains so fast its not funny.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

Default Re: Free Network Extender?

I say give them a call and ask. The worst they can say is "no".
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

I'll try that tonight. I know it was easy to get Sprint to give me a free one and free service for the 2 I had.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts

It was such a process for them to do it. First they would have to file a network ticket for the trouble location, then if it's deemed its a marginal coverage area, they would either discount the extender or in rare instances, give it to you. Payment history, length of customer history and the amount you pay monthly has a lot to do with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Mario View Post
    It was such a process for them to do it. First they would have to file a network ticket for the trouble location, then if it's deemed its a marginal coverage area, they would either discount the extender or in rare instances, give it to you. Payment history, length of customer history and the amount you pay monthly has a lot to do with it too.
    I also had this problem when I switched to a moto phone the signal was better. I used the extender previously but had to purchase it.

I just told them the coverage at my house doesnt exist. So either I return the phone and cancel the new line or they work with me. They sold it to me for 100.00. Still stinks but better than the 250.00.
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Nice deal! Keep us posted on how it works!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Verizon offers a refurbished network extender for $100. I just bought that one after raising the issue about poor coverage in Minneapolis. I live two blocks north of the airport (where there is a tower) and the neighborhood may as week be the tundra. Verizon says the network traffic and local terrain are the problem. Bologna.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Mario View Post
    Pretty much what happened for me. They did end up giving it to me after I indicated that I'd hoped to ditch my (non-Verizon) landline altogether. I'm a long time customer with good history, but generally low bills.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Just got a network ticket filed last week, waiting to hear back on it though (which I figured).

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Good luck with getting it! Maybe you will luck out and get one for free.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)

I had service issues with my phones. I called Verizon and spoke to the rep and while on the phone with the rep my service dropped mid convo. She called me back and stated they will be shipping me one free of charge. I no longer live at that location so I have no use for it. If anyone is interested just pay for shipping. Ill have to look for it and get it all together.

I would definitely pay for the shipping for you to send it my way. I get one bar if I am lucky at my house and 1X coverage inside as well. VZW isn't willing to send me one free.
    If you can text me and let me know that would be great!

Cole
    Last edited by deverall; 10-12-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

@Cole....You may wanna edit your post and take your number off of here. Then PM it to them! Luckily for you I am not a pro stalker!!! :P

/Bump...Any update for you smccloud?! Hope you where able to get one!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    @Cole....You may wanna edit your post and take your number off of here. Then PM it to them! Luckily for you I am not a pro stalker!!! :P

/Bump...Any update for you smccloud?! Hope you where able to get one!
    Nope, since I get 3-4 bars in my apartment they aren't willing to send one. Nevermind that even w/ that "good coverage" I have issues making calls in my apartment due to it being a "known issue" with my Galaxy Nexus (the ignore the fact that all phones on my account have the issue).

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
    Nope, since I get 3-4 bars in my apartment they aren't willing to send one. Nevermind that even w/ that "good coverage" I have issues making calls in my apartment due to it being a "known issue" with my Galaxy Nexus (the ignore the fact that all phones on my account have the issue).
    No good! Is there another carrier that has better service in your area? Nothing sucks more than having service that you pay for that you cant use at home. I know the pain! (With Sprint in VT). I just switched about 5-6 months ago my self to fix the issue.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    No good! Is there another carrier that has better service in your area? Nothing sucks more than having service that you pay for that you cant use at home. I know the pain! (With Sprint in VT). I just switched about 5-6 months ago my self to fix the issue.
    Sprint sucks as well, not sure about AT&T or T-Mobile. Wife doesn't want either of those 3 though.....

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
    Sprint sucks as well, not sure about AT&T or T-Mobile. Wife doesn't want either of those 3 though.....
    Thats no good. Maybe prepaid with a GSM carrier so you get still get good smart phones? I don't know! US does not have to many choices it seems!

Sprint is just bad in most areas for coverage. Unless your in an LTE area.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)