twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just something I over herd at the corporate vz store.
One of the reps was a little pissed about it
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My main issue here is that there would be no reason for me to have a smartphone if a 2GB or even 4GB limit was imposed on me. I don't watch many videos on my phone except YouTube, but you will not have me paying for a data plan and than limit my SiriusXM usage. I use this application while I'm working out all of the time as I enjoy it more than standard MP3 music which I only have so many songs. Granted, it would be enough most of the time at 4 GB, I'm not one of those willing to risk going over nor will I pay a higher premium per month than unlimited costs me now. Not that Verizon cares, but if that ever happened, I'm moving down to a dumb phone. Thankfully, I'm locked in a contract at the moment and if Verizon forces me to change a data plan at my next upgrade, I will buy the phone outright. That is if Verizon doesn't change the terms since my 2 year agreement ended.

But this is all rumor so no big deal as of now. No sense in speculating. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

Last edited:

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Technically the data is a feature which really can change at any time. The only requirement is that a data package must b used with a smartphone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it will happen eventually now that AT&T has effectively eliminated their unlimited plans. I don't think Verizon will do this until the Spectrum crunch starts happening. Right now they have plenty of extra bandwidth for LTE. The only issues they have right now are in their 3G network that is overloaded in some places, but they have throttling in place the help where needed.

The big change will happen when an iPhone is released that supports LTE. This will pretty much gobble up the extra LTE bandwidth. I think by then Verizon will put limits on their unlimited plans. I doubt they will eliminate them, I think they will just introduce throttling limits like AT&T.

Those who want unlimited I guess can go to Sprint. But in my area being on Sprint is like being throttled all the time.

Reactions: paul-c

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it will happen eventually now that AT&T has effectively eliminated their unlimited plans. I don't think Verizon will do this until the Spectrum crunch starts happening. Right now they have plenty of extra bandwidth for LTE. The only issues they have right now are in their 3G network that is overloaded in some places, but they have throttling in place the help where needed.

The big change will happen when an iPhone is released that supports LTE. This will pretty much gobble up the extra LTE bandwidth. I think by then Verizon will put limits on their unlimited plans. I doubt they will eliminate them, I think they will just introduce throttling limits like AT&T.

Those who want unlimited I guess can go to Sprint. But in my area being on Sprint is like being throttled all the time.

Do they need to throttle it on LTE or does the sytem slow down on its own?

xsists

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter what your "contract" is that you signed. When you signed it, in the fine print it states that VZW can change it whenever they want for no reason.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter what your "contract" is that you signed. When you signed it, in the fine print it states that VZW can change it whenever they want for no reason.

Well, that stinks but what can we do. I wouldn't leave Verizon either way because Verizon is king out here. I've been with At&T and T-Mobile and will never go back. And I never tried Sprint because all of my friends who had them couldn't hold a signal when in a store such as Walmart. I need to be able to make a call there as sometimes I'm getting a call to pick things up. Just an example, though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they eliminate the grandfathered data plan, I will leave. That is THE ONLY reason I'm still with VZW. That being said, to the OP, I have never heard anything good about AT&T. And about a month ago I looked at switching to them and when I priced my plan, it was more expensive then VZW (only $1 or so, but still more expensive and more issues?!), so I would see if it would even be worth considering first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1