Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deadly_Poison630
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default How much can I do with 5GB of data?

I am planning on going with Verizon when my contract with Sprint ends. The plan I'm going for should include unlimited call & text with 5GB of data usage per month. My question is how much can I do with 5GB? I will mainly be using it for web surfing, checking e-mails, Facebook, downloading & playing games and an occasional YouTube video. No music or movie downloading. Whenever i'm at home i use WiFi. In hours, how much do you think that I will be able to do per month? Thanks
    pcsperson likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts

Default Re: How much can I do with 5GB of data?

Sounds like you wouldn't even need 5GB then. But you would be able to do up to 5GB of funness.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey619 View Post
    I am planning on going with Verizon when my contract with Sprint ends. The plan I'm going for should include unlimited call & text with 5GB of data usage per month. My question is how much can I do with 5GB? I will mainly be using it for web surfing, checking e-mails, Facebook, downloading & playing games and an occasional YouTube video. No music or movie downloading. Whenever i'm at home i use WiFi. In hours, how much do you think that I will be able to do per month? Thanks
    What phone do you have now? Can you check your usage on your current phone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    CM 7.03

Unless you are doing all that on your phone every minute of the day, I would bet that won't require 5GB. I do about the same and the only time I went over 2GB, that I remember, was a few months ago when I redownloaded all my apps on my phone multiple times in a month (rooted, different roms).

You probably won't use all 5GB. I'd start with 2GB (which is doubled to 4GB now) and change my plan if needed. I don't even use 5GB on my Droid Bionic and I am always using LTE.

5gb May be too much. I stream music about 2-3 hours a day 5 days a week. About 2-3 hours of internet a week and I would not hit 5gb.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums