A simple question about the new data mess.

Boomerang503

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I posted this on Verizon's forums and was simply wondering if any of you fine folks here have any of the same questions? (I am really looking forward to reading your responses)

With all the stink about these new data plan changes that the CFO announced there are several questions that I need answered, and not by some forum moderator who thinks they have all the answers.

1. Are those of us who are paying for 4G unlimited data right now going to lose it when the new "Shared Data Plans" roll out?

2. If so, are the data caps going to rise without the prices getting jacked up through the roof to the point that nobody can use or afford to have it at all?

3. My girlfriend is currently on a 3G unlimited data plan, If we were to upgrade her in the next few days, would I have to put her in a tiered plan, or an unlimited one like I have now?

4. If I do lose these abilities that are paid for, I do plan on jumping ship to another carrier, Are you going to waive the early disconnect fee since you are the ones that violate my agreement / contract with you? (It's by no means my fault that you have become a bunch of greedy ******** that do not care about any of your paying customers even-though our payments are on time and the check clears each month.)

5. Why is it you screw over your existing customer base every time a new iPhone is due?

6. Since you do like raping us so much, would it be too much to give us some lube next time? ( Hell, it's not like you can't afford it)

7. (This is not a question, but a little disclaimer). The thoughts represented here are some of those that are being expressed all over the internet about how crappy this once great company has gotten, and why alot of longtime customers, individuals, family plan customers, and corporate customers are either bailing out or are ready to bail out in the immediate future.

Personally speaking, I have been with your company for almost 2 decades now either as the main customer, or as a supplemental line on other accounts.Before that I was with Sprint for almost 5 years. I remember when there was barely 2G, and the original Motorola RAZR was state of the art. I have sold your products at a major electronics retailer. I was with that company for almost 5 years. I currently work for a company that is going to be leaving you should this actually happen since they use massive amounts of data on over 240 blackberry devices over 11 states. My plans are to look to see who has the best deal for my 2 lines and the features I want for them should you either not answer in the time allotted, or should I not like your answers. I do not like being under a contract that is legally binding on both parties, but one seems to think that they can do anything they want at any time. (Although I will get that from anyone, but Verizon is no longer the "least of the evils" and haven't been in a very long time.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you a child? You really sent a request like this? First off, if you read their second release, your questions about the data plans and unlimited would have been answered. And I'm sure if you ask anyone who had been a victim of rape, they pro ably wouldn't compare it to paying for a data plan. Grow up.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
1. Are those of us who are paying for 4G unlimited data right now going to lose it when the new "Shared Data Plans" roll out? TBD (I hope not!)

2. If so, are the data caps going to rise without the prices getting jacked up through the roof to the point that nobody can use or afford to have it at all? TBD (Probably!)

3. My girlfriend is currently on a 3G unlimited data plan, If we were to upgrade her in the next few days, would I have to put her in a tiered plan, or an unlimited one like I have now? Tiered. (Unlimited is no longer an option)

4. If I do lose these abilities that are paid for, I do plan on jumping ship to another carrier, Are you going to waive the early disconnect fee since you are the ones that violate my agreement / contract with you? (It's by no means my fault that you have become a bunch of greedy ******** that do not care about any of your paying customers even-though our payments are on time and the check clears each month.) I expect to do the same. It sure sounds like a 'breach of service' which qualifies for an early termination (without paying a fee!)

5. Why is it you screw over your existing customer base every time a new iPhone is due? Because all companies are here to make money. Still, it's no excuse and I hate them for it.

6. Since you do like raping us so much, would it be too much to give us some lube next time? ( Hell, it's not like you can't afford it) Not a chance. Not only do they love to rape us, but it gives them additional pleasure knowing that it hurts extra bad without the lube!

7. (This is not a question, but a little disclaimer). The thoughts represented here are some of those that are being expressed all over the internet about how crappy this once great company has gotten, and why alot of longtime customers, individuals, family plan customers, and corporate customers are either bailing out or are ready to bail out in the immediate future. I agree. But the fact is, they have the best network in the country. And my guess is that most customers will stay and bend over for the ass reaming we are about to take!

Personally speaking, I have been with your company for almost 2 decades now either as the main customer, or as a supplemental line on other accounts.Before that I was with Sprint for almost 5 years. I remember when there was barely 2G, and the original Motorola RAZR was state of the art. I have sold your products at a major electronics retailer. I was with that company for almost 5 years. I currently work for a company that is going to be leaving you should this actually happen since they use massive amounts of data on over 240 blackberry devices over 11 states. My plans are to look to see who has the best deal for my 2 lines and the features I want for them should you either not answer in the time allotted, or should I not like your answers. I do not like being under a contract that is legally binding on both parties, but one seems to think that they can do anything they want at any time. (Although I will get that from anyone, but Verizon is no longer the "least of the evils" and haven't been in a very long time.

Bottom line is that everyone's situation is different. For some, the shared plans may make more sense and even save them some money in the long run. But I still don't like the fact that they are taking something away from us, which by nature, is more beneficial than any shared data plan they can offer. I may leave, I may not. Won't know for sure until I can see the new plans and weigh my options.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you a child? You really sent a request like this? First off, if you read their second release, your questions about the data plans and unlimited would have been answered. And I'm sure if you ask anyone who had been a victim of rape, they pro ably wouldn't compare it to paying for a data plan. Grow up.

Bwahahahaha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
1. Yes, unlimited is going away.

2. Um, no. I fully expect data caps to lower.

3. You might be able to get her in an umlimited plan, but don't count in it.

4. No. They are notifying you that your plan will change and therefore wil not be in violation of anything.....unfortunately.

5. One word.....Money!

6. The first ounce of lube is free. There will be a $20 charge for each additional ounce of lube used.

7. So you're willing to leave a company that is moving to a tiered data plan? Well, bye. They will all be that way eventually. What will you do then?

Dave4321

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
1. Are those of us who are paying for 4G unlimited data right now going to lose it when the new "Shared Data Plans" roll out?

Only when you buy a new subsidized phone. If you keep your current phone, buy a phone ebay or at full price, you won't lose it.

3. My girlfriend is currently on a 3G unlimited data plan, If we were to upgrade her in the next few days, would I have to put her in a tiered plan, or an unlimited one like I have now?

You can get unlimited until they announce the exact day for the change. I am guessing this will be before the GSIII is available.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You can still upgrade now on the unlimited. When they switch of ppl are on unlimited they can keep it. Just have to buy a phone at full price and not be on contract. Said this in an article on android central dated may 17th.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX