Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Best Verizon Android Phone? (Currently?)

What do you think it is?!

GO!

The best phone available on any carrier is the one you decide to buy because it fits your own personal wants, likes and needs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    jrocRy 
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Verizon Android Phone? (Currently?)

Droid Eris.
    Thanked by 3:
    mooscRywyseguy77 

ROM
    Jelly Belly & LeanKernel

Razr Maxx if you want long battery device or SD Card. Otherwise get the G-Nex if you want to ROM, want ICS out of the box, removable battery, or HD screen.

I have the G-Nex, but my wife is out of contract now. I personally plan to wait, hoping for something with a Krait or A15 based SoC device with more battery efficient LTE chip before they disallow upgrades on my grandfathered unlimited data family plan.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    The best phone available on any carrier is the one you decide to buy because it fits your own personal wants, likes and needs.

While I understand that I was asking for your personal opinion is all! Looking at the reasons to see what I can get out of each phone. Now while I have looked at the reviews I still like peoples personal opinions rather than a few reviews! Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Droosh View Post
    Razr Maxx if you want long battery device or SD Card. Otherwise get the G-Nex if you want to ROM, want ICS out of the box, removable battery, or HD screen.

I have the G-Nex, but my wife is out of contract now. I personally plan to wait, hoping for something with a Krait or A15 based SoC device with more battery efficient LTE chip before they disallow upgrades on my grandfathered unlimited data family plan.
    Thanks for the info Droosh! HD screen is not all that important as I dont do a ton of movies or games. Battery life is what looks good IMO. CPU for the 2 also seem to be about the same. So I guess its the life or screen eh? THanks for your reply! Very helpful.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth

I have been through every phone Verizon has released in the last 6 months, and have to say that the G-Nex has easily been the best.

Hopefully once ICS comes to the Maxx I'll be impressed enough to switch, but the current ICS Maxx roms practically ruin data connectivity.

My short answer:
    G-Nex for now
    Maxx with ICS soon
    Galaxy S3 w/o touchwiz in the future?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Droosh View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm using the Rezound for now, but haven't pulled the trigger on my wife's upgrade because there isn't anything available that I feel is worth it. I also have the Bionic sitting in a drawer at the moment because my wife thinks it's too big for her. (I can't blame her, actually... I think so too!)

I'm using the Rezound w/extended battery. Just a great phone but it's battery life stock really calls for a larger battery. Also have no problems with recommending the Droid RAZR MAXX. Best battery life available by far of any Android device. It's a unique shaped phone so I would go to store and at least try and get a feel for it in your hand.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Motorola Devour.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyosaurus View Post
    Galaxy S3 w/o touchwiz in the future?
    LOL

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Android Addict

The Rezound, Razr Maxx and Gnex are all at the top of the list. Which one is best depends on the features you are looking for.

And I still have my Eris.
    @Android_Lee
    Nexus 6
    Lollipop rooted
    Nexus 5
    Lollipop rooted
    Nexus 7
    Lollipop rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Motorola Devour.

LMAO. My gf had a great experience with that fine phone. Lol

Thanked by:
    Ry 

For me, it's the Thunderbolt! Still the only Verizon LTE phone with a native kickstand, something I use all the time and can't imagine not having (no case kickstands need apply, prefer naked ). Also, the simultaneous voice and data over both 3G and LTE is a sweet feature. As Verizon's first LTE phone, it has matured into a very stable device, one I plan on rockin for quite a while yet while waiting for a true successor.
    Thanked by:
    surfbumhuey likes this.

ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    For me, it's the Thunderbolt! Still the only Verizon LTE phone with a native kickstand, something I use all the time and can't imagine not having (no case kickstands need apply, prefer naked ). Also, the simultaneous voice and data over both 3G and LTE is a sweet feature. As Verizon's first LTE phone, it has matured into a very stable device, one I plan on rockin for quite a while yet while waiting for a true successor.
    Can I have what you're smoking? Sounds like some good stuff.

[making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isnt because we dont want to hit [a lower] price point, Jobs said. Its because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first. - again, Steve Jobs

ROM
    Liquid Smooth

I'm surprised they battery lasted long enough to type out that message.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ROM
    ?

RAZR MAXX best Verizon phone I ever owned

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Razr Maxx. I would have loved the features offered on the Galaxy Nexus. But in my opinion, a phone can have the greatest of everything, but if the battery life blows, no thanks. If Moto releases a Razr Maxx HD with the 3300 mAh battery, it will be king.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by VAVA Mk2 View Post
    Can I have what you're smoking? Sounds like some good stuff.

LOL, I roll my own Thunderbolt doobs man... You should visit the Thunderbolt forum for a while; there are many others who are smokin the same stuff man.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyosaurus View Post
    I'm surprised they battery lasted long enough to type out that message.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Hah, you would be so wrong. Like I said, the Thunderbolt has matured; battery life has improved quite a bit with the Gingerbread update last summer and subsequent OTA tweaks. With the standard battery, I get at least 24 hours (35 average) with light to moderate use, half that with heavy use. Add in that killer native kickstand and it's the best damn phone I've every owned! You'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands...

One of my guys who work for me has a thunderbolt and loves it. I personally love my rezound. Very fast and responsive.

Gnex. Because

Im in the same boat as op. getting tired of my tbolt and like the battery of razr maxx. Id also like a stronger 4g connection but from what ive heard the maxx's reception isnt great on 4g? Im also thinkung if i waited a month the price might drop again or maybe an amazing new android phone? On the other hand losing unlimited data is NOT an option for me
    Sammy Galaxy note 3 vzw, iphone 6 silver vzw, iphone 6+ grey vzw Macbook air 11, PS3, xBox360

Quote Originally Posted by thechidz View Post
    Im in the same boat as op. getting tired of my tbolt and like the battery of razr maxx. Id also like a stronger 4g connection but from what ive heard the maxx's reception isnt great on 4g? Im also thinkung if i waited a month the price might drop again or maybe an amazing new android phone? On the other hand losing unlimited data is NOT an option for me
    I love my rezound. Never had a problem with it. so if course I am going to say the rezound. However, after I got this phone never really liked into any other.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

do we know about a memorial day sale yet?

This thread is relevant to my interests. Still hanging on to my DInc CM7.1, but I'd like to get my unlimited data grandfathered over to a 4G account before they actually implement any plans to force upgrades into shared data. Unfortunately, there's still no LTE service in my area so I may wait a bit longer.

I'm leaning toward the RAZR Maxx, I don't think an HD screen is that important to me but battery life is (and battery life without resorting to a brick-thick extended battery). I just wish it had a removable battery -- I tend to use phones for a long time before upgrading (see: still using DInc) and eventually that battery is going to start dying...

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

I have the Rezound and a Nexus and the Rezound is very reliable for me, it's a beast!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast